Thread: Sign in trouble

Default Sign in trouble

Hey Scott,I am going around and around trying to sign in on my new ipad,filled out the form 3 times and not working just keeps telling me to do it over ,any Sign in for Dummies page ?
    Thanks Tom

Default Re: Sign in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by GreenMTBoy View Post
    ... I am going around and around trying to sign in on my new ipad,filled out the form 3 times and not working just keeps telling me to do it over ...
    I get that on both my Android devices too (tablet & phone) *if* I have the "Data Saver" compression turned on in the browser.

Not sure how much of this is applicable to Apple iPads though, that's a different OS and presumably a different browser?

Anyway, just on the off chance there might be similarities... in my case the browser is Chrome, and my workaround is to just open a "New incognito tab" because that automatically shuts off the Data Saver just for that one tab. Easier that way, because I don't have to dink around changing the prefs just to log in. But on an Apple iPad it might be entirely different???

I don't know what it is about data compression that screws with logins at certain websites, same whether using my cell carrier's data or a store's free wifi, so it doesn't seem to be a carrier-specific issue (Verizon vs AT&T or whatever). All I know is that when the Google Chrome browser's data compression is *not* active, the MandolinCafe logins work as expected.

(Incidentally, I expect they'll eventually move this thread to the Forum Software Support forum.)

3. The following members say thank you to Jess L. for this post:

Blog Entries

Don't have anything to offer specific to your device that would be any different than any Apple product. First place you should start is Safari in your Settings and make sure you aren't blocking cookies. And check "Remember Me" upon logging in.

I don't know why, but when I click into this thread (and this thread only) my Avast antivirus pops up a warning. I am sorry but I did not write down what the warning is.
    Bill Snyder