Thread: i Rig Pre

Default i Rig Pre

Anyone tried these? 35 bucks and phantom power too.

I'm just looking for a cheap way to record thru my mics using my smart phone (Samsung android) direct to FB or lap top (Garage Band). Not for studio quality. All I need is decent mp3/uTube/FB quality for quick easy posts.
    No matter where I go, there I am...Unless I'm running a little late.

Default Re: i Rig Pre

I have only seen the iRig 2, but I would be more inclined to get something like an Art Tube MP which is close to the same price.. That and an XLR to 1/8" adapter cable. I have an old Art Tube Pac, which I use like this all of the time.

I do see the advantage of something small and battery powered though.
    Robert Fear
    http://www.folkmusician.com

"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
    " - Pete Seeger

Hello Astro,

I have used this for exactly the application you describe, and it has worked fine for me. For the money, it was the perfect solution. If you are interested, the most recent videos on my YouTube channel (linked in my signature) were recorded using the iRig Pre into Garageband.

Regards
    Rob

My YouTube Channel
    My Book - The Solstice Blade - featuring zero mandolin content!

4. The following members say thank you to Rob Beck for this post:

Astro 

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Beck View Post
    Hello Astro,

I have used this for exactly the application you describe, and it has worked fine for me. For the money, it was the perfect solution. If you are interested, the most recent videos on my YouTube channel (linked in my signature) were recorded using the iRig Pre into Garageband.

Regards
    Thanks Rob. You sounded great there. Sounds like just what I need.

6. The following members say thank you to Astro for this post:

I just bought one for my Android phone. The only problem is I haven't found a camera app that will allow me to monitor the mic input sound levels while recording videos on the phone. I had do to make several trial and error recordings before I got the gain right. I'm using it with an Audio Technica AT2035 condenser mic.

8. The following members say thank you to Steve Martin for this post:

Astro 

Well I just got one and very bummed its not working for my Samsung Galaxy S4. I hooked it up with a condenser mic and turned on phantom power. It lights up so included battery seems to be working. But no matter what I do, when shooting video, the sound keeps going through the phone's mic and not the irig/external condenser mic. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Astro View Post
    Well I just got one and very bummed its not working for my Samsung Galaxy S4. I hooked it up with a condenser mic and turned on phantom power. It lights up so included battery seems to be working. But no matter what I do, when shooting video, the sound keeps going through the phone's mic and not the irig/external condenser mic. ?
    Hello Astro, I just noticed that you had posted in this thread. Sorry to hear that this is not working out for you. I run my iRig Pre into an iPhone, so am not sure how it works with Android devices, but there is some information on compatible Android devices on this page of the IK Multimedia site. There is a description of the wiring standard that the device is expected to be compatible with that may help. Good luck.
    Rob

My YouTube Channel
    My Book - The Solstice Blade - featuring zero mandolin content!

11. The following members say thank you to Rob Beck for this post:

Astro