Thread: Single J75 strings

Default Single J75 strings

All,

I thought I would let you know that I contacted Strings & Beyond asking about the possibility of adding single A and E strings for the J75 D'addario set to their inventory. They have guitar strings of the same gauge but then you have to cut the ball out.
    Here's the reply:

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your email. We truly appreciate the heads up so that we can better serve our customers! We can always special order anything and everything from D'Addario, and our shipments arrive every couple days so it's not a problem. I'll definitely encourage our purchasing manager to add them to our inventory.

J7501Single Mandolin Plain Steel 0115/J75 1st
    J7502Single Mandolin Plain Steel 016/J75 2nd
    They will be $1.00 each.

Please let me know if you would like to place an order for these and I'll be happy to create the invoice for you. Otherwise, stay tuned and we'll add them to the Website soon!

Kind regards,
    Carolina
    S&B
    NFI, just a happy customer with what I think is good news. I love to have some of these on hand to change out just the A and E between full set changes.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

Default Re: Single J75 strings

AFAIK, plain strings all come from the same steel music wire company, shipped on Big Spools.

the brand naming companies take over from there , winding and packaging.

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Blog Entries

Juststrings.com also carries those gauges under "single strings---> mandolin family---> plain steel".
    Bandcamp -- https://tomwright1.bandcamp.com/
    Videos--YouTube
    Sound Clips--SoundCloud
    The viola is proof that man is not rational

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wright View Post
    Juststrings.com also carries those gauges under "single strings---> mandolin family---> plain steel".
    Yep, and I used to use them pretty regularly, but S&B won over my business about a year ago with some really above and beyond customer service and usually a better price on the stuff I like. Not saying JS isn't good by any means, but I'm glad I can shop in one spot now for all the string stuff I like.
    Drew
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E

Gummy Bears and Scotch BrianWilliam's Avatar

Same experience with strings and beyond. Great customer service!

It's alway nice to see customers & suppliers reacting positivley to suggestions - so many times a customer gets the brush off !.

I had a similar thing (customer/supplier)yesterday. I'd ordered a fairly expensive table lamp from a store. It was dispatched & sent by our Royal Mail. It was delivered yesterday & simply left outside my front door,with no attempt being made to let me or my wife know that it had been delivered. I contacted the supplier,told them of the problem & they aknowleged that they had problems with Royal Mail. I received an e-mail which i read this morning, & they are changing to the courier that i suggested, possibly the most reliable one in the UK. At least it might prevent other customers having their goods stolen.

Stores / suppliers have an obligation to us as paying customers & if in turn,we can help them become 'better / more reliable'', then we should,& well done to Drew for giving the thumbs up to 'Strings & Beyond' - good service always deserves recognition,& so many Cafe members give it,
    Ivan
    Weber F-5 'Fern'.
    Lebeda F-5 "Special".
    Stelling Bellflower BANJO
    Tokai - 'Tele-alike'.
    Ellis DeLuxe "A" style.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ivan Kelsall For This Useful Post:

Ivan, I raised a lot of noise one time when UPS left a package out behind my house in the flowering shrubs and it was about five days before I seen it there, they used to take them back to their shop and leave a note for you to come pick it up, lucky that it didn`t rain in those five days....They told me that they were running on a tight schedule and that is the fastest way to get the packages into the hand of the customer...GO FIGURE?

Willie

I just followed up with S&B and they are on the website now.

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/dadd...n-singles.html

From the drop down menu there are a lot of single strings to choose from. The A and E from the 75 set and all 4 of the 74 set.
    Drew
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E

I've used Strings and Beyond and JustStrings both for several years. I've had great response from both. I really like the weight of the EXP74CM but I don't like the coating, so I was trying to find a way to get singles of each. JustStrings carries all as singles now.

http://www.juststrings.com/daddariom...lestrings.html

I just looked on t he S7B site and they don't offer the GHS A270 strings. Seems a little strange not to carry them. I guess I will stick with Just Strings