Thread: New CD from Athens Mandolinata

Default New CD from Athens Mandolinata

Dear friends,

It's been a long time since I last wrote in the Forum - I prefer to read what you write
    But this is a very special occasion - we finally have our new CD (a double one!). It is the result of the collaboration between the famous Orchestra Citta di Brescia and the new Athens Mandolinata (under the guidance of Ugo Orlandi and Giorgos Goumenakis respectively). You will find great music from Greek composers, plus two major compositions inspired by greek mythology (Amadei) and ancient greek music (Mandonico). And, of course, there are two compositions of our very own Victor Kioulaphides, Peripatos and Diferencias. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/ZcHpQuMxA7Y

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	156784
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	second.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	186.1 KB 
ID:	156785

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Giorgos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Default Re: New CD from Athens Mandolinata

This looks great and the sound of the ensemble is superbe.
    Thanks for letting us know about it, do you have a link where we can get it?
    Eoin

"Forget that anyone is listening to you and always listen to yourself" - Fryderyk Chopin

4. The following members say thank you to Beanzy for this post:

Wonderful! I look forward to hearing Peripatos again; the memory of its premiere in Athens that chilly February years ago remains indelible. I have also suggested this piece to the En Masse Orchestra at CMSA for next October but of course that's their call, not mine.

Three cheers to all of you! My only regret is that my work in New York will prevent me from attending that special presentation event for this double album in Athens. Ah, well... I will be there in spirit.

Victor
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)

6. The following members say thank you to vkioulaphides for this post:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The album is not available online yet, but you can send an e-mail to athenianmandolinata@yahoo.com and maybe arrange something. Thank you!

8. The following members say thank you to Giorgos for this post:

Beanzy 

I have finally gotten to listen to Perípatos, the first item on this wonderful, double album, and I must say that I am deeply touched by the lovely interpretation, whimsical and melancholy in equal measure— as was the great Manos Hadjidakis, to whose memory and inimitable art this little piece is dedicated. Absolutely lovely! A composer could ask for nothing more than this. While listening, I saw before my own eyes all those strolls of my youth across the narrow streets of Athens...

I will proceed to listen to all the other contents, and surely enjoy them just as much as I did this one. As my life revolves around the academic year, this time of the year is particularly hectic, so my own listening list tends to fall behind a bit. I am also delivering another "baby" on June 1st, which is of course right around the corner, while my second-of-nine operas is being revived next season in Estonia— all this while I just got a new commission only this past Monday. Busy, busy times...

Three cheers to each and every wonderful artist who took part in this truly magnificent recording.

Victor
    It is not man that lives but his work. (Ioannis Kapodistrias)

10. The following members say thank you to vkioulaphides for this post: