Thread: Article: Gold Tone Seeks Beta Testers with Introduction of Loop2Learn

Blog Entries

Default Article: Gold Tone Seeks Beta Testers with Introduction of Loop2L

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: Gold Tone Seeks Beta Testers with Introduction of Lo

Curious if anyone has signed up for the beta and how the communication is going on that front?

I signed up but have heard nothing back from them as yet. Maybe they already had gotten their 20 beta testers lined up by the time I applied?
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    Curious if anyone has signed up for the beta and how the communication is going on that front?
    I signed up and received an acceptance email yesterday afternoon. I have not downloaded the app yet, but plan to spend some time with it over the next week (after helping my girlfriend move this weekend).

Spoke to soon - just got an acceptance email meself! Downloaded the app and will play around with it later today when all me errands are done!
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Well so far I'm really enjoying playing around with this app! I used it to learn a reel, "The Mullingar Races", from a Stevie Dunne video. Really allowed me to see and hear what he's doing as regards ornamentation and variations. Quite easy to isolate and loop the A and B parts of the tune. Also the slow down function worked well. I'm sure some folks will comment that you can already slow down Youtube videos, but the function on the app gives you much more flexibility to do so and so far from my experience with it doesn't degrade the sound to the point of it being unrecognizable. In a nutshell - I'm a fan! Will definitely be getting the full version of this when it's released. Looking forward to using it with jazz drumming videos as well to figure out some of the solos of my favourite drummers!
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin Cafe View Post
    Communication so far has been limited to the one email telling me how to proceed as a beta tester. That came only one day after I sent my initial request to beta test this app. Quick reply. So, I've been using L2L for 3-4 days. It's very easy and intuitive to learn. The short video explains it all. I've used it so far to isolate and loop the A part from the B part of some tunes I'm working on. Saved them all with the help of the app. Then I loop the part I want to work on and listen a few times to get it in my head. I'll next try to play along while the loop continues to show me the way. This reputation really enhances my learning. It also seems that I've learned these tunes a little quicker with the help of the app than without it. Maybe it just seems that way because I'm having fun. Of course the slowdown feature is a bonus and a big learning aid for me with difficult and not-so-difficult licks and passages. So far I'm finding this very useful for learning tunes. It's also going to be useful in learning to tie new fly patterns for one of my other obsession. Many uses I'm certain. No downside noted to date.
    "I yam what I yam"