Thread: Blush remover - great stuff.

Default Blush remover - great stuff.

So I had some tiny air bubbles trapped around the f-holes... Sanded and sprayed 3 different times and still couldn't get these little guys out. Just too humid around here right now. I think I was adding more to the finish each time I sprayed. Anyway, ordered Behlen blush remover on 5 day old lacquer coat, and wouldn't you know it, a nice quick liberal coat of blush remover sent those water droplets back to the clouds whence they came. Not only does it remove blushing, but seems to smooth out the surface. Great stuff, don't think I'll be spraying without it.

Default Re: Blush remover - great stuff.

Glycol Ether (butyl cellosolve) is the stuff for blush repair and general lacquer repair. It's probably what "blush remover" is.

3. The following members say thank you to sunburst for this post:

Nevin 

You probably know about it, but just in case others don't: a little lacquer retarder added into the lacquer slows the drying and flash off and helps prevent the blush. That being said, in these humid days in the midwest, even with a freshly drained compressor and moisture filters on the guns, the cloudy will show up.

When I sprayed, and it's been a long while ago, I use a 2 stage turbine. The air was actually heated and there was no tank. Sprayed at 5 lbs. thru a 1" hose. It worked great, think I still have it somewhere. It helped with blushing here in the midwest.
    THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE JUST FOR YOUR SMILE!

The turbine- I used to have a AccuSpray turbine. The hose would get really warm. I burned the turbine up doing large cabinet jobs. Now it's Accuspray with just a gun or pressure pot.

Auto paint supply stores sells a product called "blender" in an aerosol spray....same stuff with a few more ingredients, just cheaper. I have been dealing with lacquer blush for 24 years....coastal Georgia don't y'all know?

8. The following members say thank you to barry k for this post: