Thread: Jerry McQuire Mandolins

Default Jerry McQuire Mandolins

I have heard of a builder in Hardy Va. if I have the name right it's Jerry McQuire. I live a stones throw from Hardy and I feel I should meet this man and check out his mandolins. Anyone have connect info. Thanks

Default Re: Jerry McQuire Mandolins

Jerry McGuire - website - info

Quote Originally Posted by Mandoplumb View Post
    I have heard of a builder in Hardy Va. if I have the name right it's Jerry McQuire. I live a stones throw from Hardy and I feel I should meet this man and check out his mandolins. Anyone have connect info. Thanks
    If you have MAS, be careful: he might have you at 'hello.'

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franc Homier Lieu For This Useful Post:

Gummy Bears and Scotch BrianWilliam's Avatar

I've heard they are the best mandolins under $1000

I got in touch with him as a result of Jacob's info thanks. I can almost throw a rock from my house to his. I'm going to see his shop and mandolins first chance I get ( work always gets in the way of important stuff) he told me to come on just call first. I'll tell everyone of his mandolins as soon as I can.

Don't throw any rocks, you might break a mandolin.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

<Removed by Moderator. Please limit commerce to the Classifieds>
    Last edited by MikeEdgerton; Apr-14-2019 at 2:46pm.

I do have a Jerry Mcguire Mandolin that I bought about 5 years ago (number 15). It needed a bit of work on the sole but the playability and sounds are great. I'll post some pics if they are still people interested on this thread... and I hope so :-)

Good day! I am contemplating asking Mr. McGuire to custom build me both an A-Style and F-Style when I visit his shop sometime in October 2022. I would appreciate any personal experiences and/or pictures from members, Thank you!

The contact links above no longer work. OctavenBluegrass have you found contact info. I couldn't find him in a search of the Builder's database.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Default Re: Jerry McGuire Mandolins

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
    The contact links above no longer work. OctavenBluegrass have you found contact info. I couldn't find him in a search of the Builder's database.
    Yes thanks. I will be calling him back when we are sure we will be in Moneta 10/22 and travel to Hardy for a look/play. I am interested in whatever pictures I can glean from his customers in the meantime, though.

Blog Entries

His record was removed recently. Web site no longer online, no connection, no social media, no contact information, etc.