Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unused wedding for sale

Default Re: Unused wedding for sale

that's such a cool scene.
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

When I sail the posting had “red flags”, I did not mean to imply the ad had not been properly vetted. I would never do that. I know what a great job Scott does with that. As he outlined above, the ad met all of his criteria. That was never in doubt.

By red flags, I simply meant that for me , personally, I would run the other way if someone was trying to sell me something without showing me what it looks like (pig in a poke), not even bothering to describe it (pig in a bigger poke), and without even bothering to tell me what it cost. Furthermore, the poster of the ad is an agent working on behalf of the true seller. Nothing wrong with that on its face, but the true seller can’t even be bothered to provide the agent of the sale with the bare minimum of information required to complete the transaction. He has had several days to do so. One has to wonder, why is that? What would prevent someone who is truly interested in selling something from taking, at the most, perhaps 10 minutes of his time to provide the bare minimum of necessary information? The answer, to me, seems screamingly obvious. He doesn’t really want to sell it.

Again, my previous comments should not be construed in any way as a criticism of Scott or this site. I’m 100 percent certain the ad is legit. When I said “red flags”, I meant red flags for me personally as a buyer. I’m sure they are red flags for others as well.

We are all, I’m sure, waiting patiently for the appearance of silly little details like model, year, condition, terms of sale, selling price, shipping costs, etc., etc.,etc.
    Don

2016 Weber Custom Bitterroot F
    2011 Weber Bitterroot A
    1974 Martin Style A

3. The following members say thank you to multidon for this post:

All the conjecture...has anyone asked the seller for more info, pic, price?
    2007 Weber Custom Elite "old wood"
    2017 Ratliff R5 Custom #1148
    Several nice old Fiddles
    2007 Martin 000-15S 12 fret Auditorium-slot head
    Deering Classic Open Back
    Too many microphones

BridgerCreekBoys.com

This is definitely not the wisest ad, but maybe she's just impatient and creating interest in the instrument they plan to sell. She is potentially being honest at least... Maybe her finance is really un-savvy with tech issues, and she's just getting the word out.

There's another VERY frequent ad poster from Virginia... I won't list her name... but in all of her ads, (she's had a TON, like 50+), she claims she is selling the instrument "for medical reasons", and she does this ALL THE TIME. She has a new instrument posted nearly every month it seems, maybe more frequent that even. She once contacted me to purchase a mandolin I was selling, and offered to pay in ebay gift cards and amazon cards, and other weird stuff. It all came across as really scam-ish, and I knew her name from scanning the ads frequently. I figured she was just going to work me and then flip my mandolin for more money. It angers me every time I see an ad posted from her, because it was so slimy. She made all these references to her husband not letting her buy instruments and the whole thing was just straight faced lies.
    *2002 Collings MT2
    *2016 Gibson F5 Custom
    *Martin D18
    *Deering Sierra