Thread: renewing an ad

Registered User mandolin breeze's Avatar

Default renewing an ad

When renewing a classified ad, I was expecting it to reappear at the top of the new classifieds so that new fresh eyes would see it. It doesn't look like that's what happens. Does it still occupy it's old spot near the end?

Blog Entries

Default Re: renewing an ad

Quote Originally Posted by mandolin breeze View Post
    When renewing a classified ad, I was expecting it to reappear at the top of the new classifieds so that new fresh eyes would see it. It doesn't look like that's what happens. Does it still occupy it's old spot near the end?
    Renewing only leaves it where it currently resides. Its been that way since 1998. If you wish to have it appear at the top let it expire at 21 days and then you can resubmit. Many think ads are invisible unless they're brand new which has never been true and we've proven by statistics over and over. Consistently year-round 55-60% of all replies are to ads not in the first and newest 30-60 ads placed. This has remained constant true since we started tracking it about 15 years ago.

Registered User mandolin breeze's Avatar

I would like it back at the front. Therefore, should I delete it and post a fresh ad?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mandolin breeze View Post
    I would like it back at the front. Therefore, should I delete it and post a fresh ad?
    Correct.