Thread: Profile Pic

Registered User Sherry Cadenhead's Avatar

Default Profile Pic

How do I add a pic to my profile?

Default Re: Profile Pic

Click "Settings" at top of this page.
    Click "Avatar" in column at right of Settings page.

Steve
    Steve Sorensen
    Sorensen Mandolin & Guitar Co.
    www.sorensenstrings.com

Thanks, Steve. I'd like to use a pic from my Android Gallery. Can't see how to do that.

Blog Entries

I don't know android, but from iPhone, I would email it to myself, then go to my desktop computer and download it. From there I can find it to upload to my avatar.
    New to mando? Click this link -->Newbies to join us at the Newbies Social Group.

Just send an email to rob.meldrum@gmail.com with "mandolin setup" in the subject line and he will email you a copy of his ebook for free (free to all mandolincafe members).

My website and blog: honketyhank.com

That should work for me as well. I'll give it a try.

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

It works from Android. In Settings, choose edit profile pic, choose upload from computer, choose gallery. BUT be aware of the size restriction. You might want to create a reduced version of your image for that first.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

It doesn't seem to activate any of my settings in my profile it just sort of freezes as if I wasn't the person doing it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by therapoet View Post
    It doesn't seem to activate any of my settings in my profile it just sort of freezes as if I wasn't the person doing it
    You are probably wanting an Avatar, not a Profile pic. They're two different things. An avatar is an image displayed on the left side of your posts. You can go here and see if you can activate a pre-selected avatar, and that's the same place you can upload one or choose a web address where the image resides. You have to be logged in in order to upload anything to the forum.

It's going to need to be a recognized extension like .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif. Something like .webp, .eps and some other file formats aren't going to work, and no extension is not going to work. Also possible the file you're attempting to upload is too large and if it's approaching 20MB that'd cause it to no upload. Or just a bad connection. You can always email it to me if you continue to experience problems.