Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do instead of pizzicato?

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Default Re: What do you do instead of pizzicato?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertram Henze View Post
    This is pizzicato.
    Watching the second half of this, it occurred to me that the violin desperately tries to be a mandolin here. Therefore, we can sit back and relax IMHO, because making a mandolin mimick a violin mimicking a mandolin is - ahem...
    Last edited by Bertram Henze; Feb-08-2018 at 2:18am.
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

Default Re: What do you do instead of pizzicato?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Ross View Post
    ...So now I have to look up way more stuff about Spencer and Rains...
    Yep, there is a reason they are all the rage in my local jam. It's so weird I had been listening to them for a long time because I'm a big fan of Moonshine V's youtube channel and although they aren't always named in most of her videos, they often appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertram Henze View Post
    Watching the second half of this, it occurred to me that the violin desperately tries to be a mandolin here. Therefore, we can sit back and relax IMHO, because making a mandolin mimick a violin mimicking a mandolin is - ahem...
    I love it. Maybe that's the way to think about it. Not to try to sound like a violin when they pluck the strings, but to just pluck the strings like a violin trying to sound like a mandolin.