Thread: The Jaywalkers

Default The Jaywalkers

Caught the Jaywalkers in Bangor (Wales) last night.If you aren't familiar with this UK trio I strongly recommend them. Michael Giverin is a great mandolin player, and the instrument features heavily on all three of their albums.
    Last night's set-list included bluegrass, old-time and some great covers played in their traditional sounding style. Some excellent self-penned tunes including mandolin and fiddle instrumentals.
    After the gig Michael offered me his mandolin to play - trusting and generous.
    We had a great time and intend to catch them as often as possible while they're touring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3065.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	520.0 KB 
ID:	165345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3056.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	436.6 KB 
ID:	165346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3062.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	412.7 KB 
ID:	165348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3069.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	457.8 KB 
ID:	165351

I should add, Michael was using a mic over the treble hole and a line coming from his end pin. The combined sound was very clear and acoustic sounding.
    Last edited by Darren Bailey; Feb-24-2018 at 1:33pm. Reason: added photos

Default Re: The Jaywalkers

Having stumbled on the Jaywalkers a few years back (looking for different versions of Big Sciota, check out their video!), I bought their first two albums. Since then, I've been patiently waiting for them to realize all that bluegrassy and blues kinda stuff exists in large quantities over across The Pond in the States, and for them set up a tour over here. I'd love to see them in person.
    Rob Ross
    Apple Valley, Minne-SOH-tah

1996 Flatiron A5-Performer, 1915 Gibson F-2 (loaned to me by a friend), 2008 Kentucky Master KM-505 A-Model
    1925 Bacon Peerless tenor banjo (Irish tuning), 1985 Lloyd Laplant F-5, 2021 Ibanez PFT2 Tenor Guitar (GDAE)
    and of course, the 1970 Suzuki-Violin-Sha Bowl Back Taterbug

3. The following members say thank you to Rob Ross for this post: