Thread: Peter Ostroushko's health problems

Default Peter Ostroushko's health problems

Some of you may know that veteran mando wizard Peter Ostroushko has suffered some serious health problems in recent months. He's now rehabilitating, and his friends have set up a Go Fund Me page to help him and his wife Marge cover his formidable medical expenses. Please take a look if you're so inclined.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Peter Ostroushko's health problems

Very sad to hear this news. Making a contribution on the Cafe's behalf in a bit.

First paragraph from the GoFundMe:

Peter and Marge Ostroushko are facing major challenges and need our help. As 2017 drew to a close, Peter suffered a heart attack that necessitated quadruple bypass surgery. Recovery seemed to be going well until three weeks later, when Peter had a devastating stroke while in his doctor’s office. The stroke trauma team worked quickly, but Peter is still facing a long road to recovery.

Thanks for sharing this. Initially saw it on FB, but wasn't sure if I should mention it here.

Glad this is being done. Knew something had happened a while ago, but had been unaware of the details. Peter has always been one of my idols.

Wow, not good news, but hopefully, he and his medical team will take advantage of the newer drugs out there today, that as I understand it can really advance stroke recovery with much less damage, unlike when I had my stroke on '06 and am unable to use my left hand/arm to it's full use, which of course stopped my music playing somewhat.

Dan
    stroke survivor
    www.myspace.com/dtbtunz

Hope Peter can sluz his duz real soon! God Bless.

I happened to be watching old episodes of Mr. Rogers with my daughter the other day, and we randomly watched this episode in which Peter makes an appearance:

https://youtu.be/Q8vj9OBx5II

His appearance starts at around 15:30, and it's very much worth watching, even if you don't have a kid present. Peter is an amazing musician, and also seems to be an incredibly kind person; I wish him and his family the best.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miltown For This Useful Post:

Thanks for sharing that episode.. a treat to watch!
    Follow the Flatt Stanley Incident on Facebook

Listen to original tune "When You Fly" by my old band The Kindreds

Always loved Peter O's mandolin playing. First heard him On Norman&Nancy's "Natasha's Waltz" album. Outstanding music!

"Horizontal Hold" is a funny and cool tune(on his Blue Mesa cd). Hope Peter is not on horizontal hold too long.

Get well soon,Peter!

The mandolin he is playing on that Mr. Rodgers episode reminds me of a "White" mandolin I played at a violin shop in Albuquerque,NM.years ago(never forgot it). Very violin-like finish;lovely tone.