Thread: Invite to Participate in Mando Orchestra Event in Philly, Dec 8/9

Default Invite to Participate in Mando Orchestra Event in Philly, Dec 8/9

Hi Everyone,

Philadelphia's Munier Mandolin & Guitar Orchestra will be hosting an "East Coast Mandolin Orchestra" event on Dec. 8 and 9, 2018.

The event is free to participants and will culminate with a 75-125 piece mandolin and guitar orchestra concert performance. The orchestra will rehearse on the afternoon of Dec. 8 and the morning of Dec. 9. The concert will be held on at 2:00 PM on Sunday Dec. 9. Rehearsals and concert will be held in Wallingford PA, a suburb to the southwest of Philadelphia.

Intermediate and advanced players - who read music are accustomed to following a conductor - are encouraged to participate. All sheet music will be distributed to orchestra members no later than August 1, 2018.

The program will include a wide variety of Holiday music, including classical, baroque, traditional, and pop. Antonello DiMatteo, Italian clarinetist/accordionist/zampogna player will be featured guest artist.

The program will also feature an arrangement of Holst's St. Paul Suite arranged for mandolin and guitar orchestra with clarinet, flute, and violincello. Check out the midi recording below to hear the arrangement. (The mando and guitar sounds are not very good, but it's a MIDI recording for rehearsal reference only.)

There is no cost to participate in this event. The group currently has more than 60 members representing 11 East Coast mandolin orchestras (from Georgia to Rhode Island) and a number of unaffiliated musicians. We can accommodate up to 125 musicians.

You do NOT have to me a current member of mandolin orchestra to participate in this event.

For those who are interested, we are securing a block of rooms at a local hotel (in Media PA...less than a mile from the performance venue) at a discounted rate.

On Saturday night, after rehearsal, anyone who is interested is welcome to attend a dinner gathering at restaurant in Media, PA...an opportunity for everyone to meet and greet.

We welcome players of the following instruments - mandolin, mandola/octave mandolin, mandocello, mandobass, guitar, and bass.

If interested in participating in this event, please e-mail Mark at marklinkins64@gmail.com.

2. The following members say thank you to mlinkins for this post:

MLT 

Default Re: Invite to Participate in Mando Orchestra Event in Philly, Dec

Hi Mark,

Sounds like a great time! I just sent you an email. Count me in!

Best wishes,

Bob
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

4. The following members say thank you to Bob Clark for this post:

Thank, Bob! Great to have you on board for this!

sent you an email as well -- it sounds wonderful so i'm keeping my fingers crossed it's do-able for me.
    --------------------------------
    1920 Lyon & Healy bowlback
    1923 Gibson A-1 snakehead
    1952 Strad-o-lin
    1983 Giannini ABSM1 bandolim
    2009 Giannini GBSM3 bandolim
    2011 Eastman MD305