Thread: Florian Klaus Rumpf

Blog Entries

Default Florian Klaus Rumpf

Curious if we have anyone here familiar with this man's music? He's starting a crowd sourcing project for a new album. I like his approach and thoughts on his web site about his music and the mandolin in general, translation below.

Link to translation of web page.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mandolin Cafe For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Florian Klaus Rumpf

I got aware of Florian Klaus Rumpf, when I discovered his video "Lieblingsstücke" (Favorite pieces), where he plays music by Bach, John Cage, Pietro Denis, Marlo Strauss, Yasuo Kuwahra and by himself. Very impressive!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crisscross For This Useful Post:

I recently discovered Florian through this thread "A Year With Calace" (https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/t...ighlight=Rumpf). He participates in that thread and his thoughtful approach to the Etudes is extremely helpful and I am very much enjoying the Etudes. That experience has encouraged me to listen to his CD's and watch his videos. I think his playing "style" is beautiful and full of warmth. His ideas on music publishing are terrific.

I am totally intrigued by his soon to be released "Joyful Variations..." CD and cannot wait for its release (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HgFj_lUB1s).

I encourage people to check out his website (https://www.fkrumpf.com/english/about/) and become familiar with his music and activities. I suspect you will find it time well spent!

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

1925 Lyon & Healy Model A, #1674
    2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

6. The following members say thank you to Tim Logan for this post:

Where did you see info about his crowd sourcing project? I don't see anything on his website about it. Thanks.

Joe

Joe, the initial post on this thread is from 2018. I suspect the crowd sourcing that he is referring to is no longer in existence. Rather Florian seems to be using the idea of contributing "a cup of coffee a month". I did email Florian, a while back, and inquired if there were possibly other ways to help with his efforts but have not heard back. I know he is quite busy.

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” ― Albert Schweitzer

2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

Tim, this happens to me all the time. Woody Allen once said that God invented time so that everything wouldn't happen all at once. Sometimes on Mandolin Cafe it seems that everything is happening all at once.

In any case, this posting got me to order the two of Mr. Rumpf's CDs that I do not have-- one of which, to my great delight, includes a performance of Leonardi's "Souvenir de Sicile", a piece I've been having a great time learning over the past little while.

Joe

10. The following members say thank you to Joe Bartl for this post:

Joe, I'd say that's an excellent result!!!

2015 Collings A (MT2-V)

Thanks for drawing Florian to our attention. His short composition Schlaflied (lullaby) is a thing of beauty, available on his Facebook page
    Anglocelt
    mainly Irish & Scottish but open to all dance-oriented melodic music.
    Mandos: Gibson A2, Janish A5, Krishot F5, Taran Springwell, Shippey, Weber Elite A5; TM and OM by Dave Gregory, J E Dallas, Tobin & Davidson.

13. The following members say thank you to Anglocelt for this post: