Thread: Tenor sale

Default Tenor sale

NFI - Eastwood is clearing out some of their 2018 tenor models with some pretty good discounts...

https://eastwoodguitars.com/blogs/ne...ntinued-models
    VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verne Andru For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Tenor sale

$450 for a new astrojet with the bigsby......can't beat that.

4. The following members say thank you to dcav for this post:

That's what I thought.

I like that Eastwood is doing a variety of tenors. They've come close with the Classic but nothing has struck my fancy enough to make my break out my wallet yet. Vs, Teles, SGs and LPs are ho-hum designs but probably popular with the masses. Not my cuppa.

Eastwood actually has a ton of cool body designs that would make great tenors. I'm holding out for something short scale that doesn't look pedestrian and won't feedback in a gig situation.

I look forward to seeing what they plan to offer for 2019.

- ---==< V >==--- -

6. The following members say thank you to Verne Andru for this post:

dcav 

I've yet to try an Eastwood Verne, but that Astrojet is tempting me for sure. Not that I need another mind you, but that's such a great price.....

I've tried a few Eastwoods in stores and have pondered their booth at NAMM a few times. Mike Robinson is notoriously cranky among NAMM vendors - each has their own vibe, like the Electroharmonix guy always having a cigar in his mouth - which is a shame because I've wanted to talk to them but there's always this "go away" vibe from the booth.

The instruments are basic Asian made that need a little TLC to get them into shape. The woodworking is as good as an Epiphone and hardware like pickups and tuners likely need replacing.

At $499 that Astrojet with Bigsby is a very sweet deal indeed. I'm not an SG guy, so it's a pass for me, but if you like the styling and don't mind putting a bit into post-sale setup, it's a heck of a deal.

- ---==< V >==--- -

Quote Originally Posted by Verne Andru View Post
    Eastwood actually has a ton of cool body designs that would make great tenors. I'm holding out for something short scale that doesn't look pedestrian and won't feedback in a gig situation.
    No idea if it's up your alley but their next tenor will have an Airline Map body.

Quote Originally Posted by Seonachan View Post
    No idea if it's up your alley but their next tenor will have an Airline Map body.
    Thanks - I probably dislike the map body shape most of all.

When I talk of cool body shapes I'm thinking:

Buckland

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wedge-inlay-teal.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	196.9 KB 
ID:	171903

Sidejack

Name:	sidejack1_b7992483-2bff-4349-bd01-1c39325983fd_1090x.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	171904

Airline (if it had a center-block)

Name:	Eastwood-Guitars_AirlineTuxedoCB_Black_Right-hand_Full-front-angled_1090x.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	171905

EEB (I know it's a bass, but it would make for a very cool tenor)

Name:	Eastwood-Guitars_EEB1_Black_Right-hand_Full-front-angled_1090x.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	171906

They seem to have discontinued quite a few of their guitars, but those are a few that caught my eye. I'd even settle for a Classic if it had a center-block and was short-scale. Hollow body builds are too prone to feedback.

- ---==< V >==--- -