Thread: 2020 Wintergrass tickets are on sale right now

Default 2020 Wintergrass tickets are on sale right now

And are almost gone. A buddy tipped me off or I would have missed it. Just an FYI
    2003 John Sullivan F5 "Roy"
    2015 Heiden F Artist
    2019 Ruhland F5 #35

2. The following members say thank you to EvanElk for this post:

gtani7 

Default Re: 2020 Wintergrass tickets are on sale right now

Thanks Evan ~ we just squeaked in. Stayed at the Hilton this year and it is a different experience than staying at the Hyatt.

I knew that they were going on sale today, but totally forgot about it as I'm on my 4th set of string changes. Good thing I peaked in here between instruments.

See you next year
    John
    ... not all those who wander are lost ...

Cool! Glad you snagged a room. I never plan this far ahead for anything, but I was clued in by a Wintergrass veteran. See you next year
    2003 John Sullivan F5 "Roy"
    2015 Heiden F Artist
    2019 Ruhland F5 #35

I worked a 12 hour nightshift last night. Got home at 7:00 am and was poised and ready to go at 08:00. I have a high speed cable modem. Every step of the process required me to go back and reload multiple times. Even when I had entered my credit card info I had to reload/hit the back button multiple times. Finally got my confirmed receipt for room at the Hyatt and ticket a little after 08:30. The website said there were about 40 rooms left. Got a message from Patrice later that the server crashed shortly thereafter and it was down until 12:00 noon. As of a little over an hour ago (about 14:00) rooms at the Hyatt were gone. Some of my friends went ahead and booked a room directly with Hyatt and got the Wintergrass rate; others reserved at the full price. This year there were over 10,000 people attending.

My wife and I attended our first Wintergrass this year and were late getting our reservations since we decided well after the early bird special. We ended up staying at the Westin which was quite nice but rather expensive. It's a wonderful indoor festival that is well run and staffed by a great and large group of volunteers. The program was 96 pages with all kinds of info!!! Never saw that coming. Great lineups and jams were abundant. We live in NC so this will probably not be something we do every year, but it's top notch and a great way to get some bluegrass festival time in the winter. Plus, if you have a less than enthusiastic bluegrass spouse, they'll find plenty to do with local shopping and sightseeing and not be bored. A++