Thread: Del & Dawg Tour 2019

Default Del & Dawg Tour 2019

I splurged for tickets to tomorrow's show in South Orange, NJ (SoPAC, a nice venue). Really looking forward to this one. It's an expensive ticket for me, but I've learned not to pass on a chance to see favorite performers when I have the chance.

It's billed as songs and stories from these two old friends, and it's one show where I look forward to the between-song patter. I had the pleasure of interviewing Del for a story about Monroe, and I'm always charmed by his voice and that laugh!

They've done a couple already on this tour with more to come.
    BradKlein
    Morning Edition Host, WLVR News
    Senior Producer, Twangbox®
    Twangbox® Videos

Default Re: Del & Dawg Tour 2019

Hey Brad,
    i saw them here in Richmond Va. last weekend. Very Fun, wonderful show!
    Dawg plays some wonderful, tasty, kick offs, breaks, and fills, and Del gets a few nice breaks too!
    They are just to old friends talking, kidding each other, and telling some great stories.
    Very relaxed feeling with some amazing playing! And such wonderful tone they both get out of their instruments !
    I only wish it had been a little longer (seemed a little short but I left happy!)
    Jeff
    Jeffrey S Wagner

I'm going to Tarrytown on saturday!

Saw them at the end of last year, great show! Definitely cool to see two icons together in such a raw format.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

5. The following members say thank you to Drew Egerton for this post:

Well that was surely one of the musical highlights of my year! Just a terrific show!

Two sets. One microphone. Just the right amount of banter and spontaneity to give it a 'living room' feel while never losing the momentum of a good performance. The right size room for such a show, about 450, and I was in the front of the balcony hanging on every word. Del was playing a vintage D-28 and Dawg a well-worn Fern. A couple of local pickers joined in on the encore - Barry Mitterhoff (Skyline, Hot Tuna) and Tony Trischka (fresh from a recording session with Bela Fleck and Noam Pikelny)

Highlights for me were getting to hear more of Dawg's singing than I've heard before - Del's classic rhythm guitar, and that voice! Harmonies were very fine. And I was surprised and delighted to hear a fair bit of Jesse McReynolds style cross-picking from Dawg. It really added a lot to the duo numbers. All in all, a very memorable night!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temp.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	175514
    photo by Ed Haber
    BradKlein
    Morning Edition Host, WLVR News
    Senior Producer, Twangbox®
    Twangbox® Videos

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BradKlein For This Useful Post: