Thread: Shawnee Creek Mandolin

Question Shawnee Creek Mandolin

Looked back at old post on Shawnee Creek mandolins, but it has been a while since any new info.. Can anyone that owns one or has played one give me your opinion?

Registered User Valerie Jestice's Avatar

Default Re: Shawnee Creek Mandolin

I really like mine, it’s sturdy, and has a lot volume. There’s been times when I catch myself picking my other mandolin harder, but it doesn’t work like that��
    I went to the builder’s home, to try out the mandolin. He was really nice, and wasn’t at all pushy. I played it for a while, I can’t put it down!! I purchased it in November, it’s really opened up since then. The only complaint I have is the cosmics, and it isn’t terrible.
    I would definitely recommend a Shawnee Creek, you can’t beat the price either! Are you looking to buy one? You could come play mine if you want.
    Shawnee Creek #88
    The Mixson#1
    1945 Taylorcraft

Thinking seriously about ordering Shawnee Creek or buying Eastman 515.
    I haven't played either one and need all the advice I can get.
    Thank you so much.

The old web address seems to be a malware site now so be careful researching. I had to crash my browser to avoid picking up:
    -------------------------------------------------
    Safe Surfing by Safely and Safe Browsing by Safely are the same extensions. They are described as the same thing, they perform the same tasks, and they have the same permissions. The only difference is that Safe Browsing by Safely changes your search settings to search.searchsafely.net and Safe Surfing by Safely changes your search settings to search.searchsafe.tech. This causes your internet searches to redirect to search.searchsafe.tech and then to search.yahoo.com. Keep in mind that a browser extension that promotes privacy but then redirects your search results to Yahoo does not take your privacy seriously, especially since it’s well known that Yahoo was breached in previous years which lead to hackers obtaining and leaking information on over 3 billion accounts.

The extension collects and stores your sensitive information and tracks your browsing activities.

Registered User Valerie Jestice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Papahoyt View Post
    Thinking seriously about ordering Shawnee Creek or buying Eastman 515.
    I haven't played either one and need all the advice I can get.
    Thank you so much.
    Well, the Shawnee Creek is made in the US, the Eastmans aren’t. I have played a 515, they are nice, and you probably wouldn’t go wrong with one. Where do you live? Is this going to be your first mandolin?
    Mike told me he is about to retire from making mandolins.
    Shawnee Creek #88
    The Mixson#1
    1945 Taylorcraft

First upgrade from total beginner mandolin,still a green beginner.
    I am just sick of the cheap mandolin sound and feel.
    I am in central Alabama, and I guess if he is going to retire then I need to decide quick.
    Thanks for the info.

Hey all, just curious if anyone knows if Mike did indeed retire from building? I shot him an email the other day and it looks like his website is still active (and has one 2 point mandolin still for sale on it).

Mike passed away. I just bought one off of my instructor who knew him.

Thats terrible news to hear. Thank you for letting me know though.

Sorry to hear that. I talked to him extensively in 2010 about a build, but I ended up not going with him. He was a nice guy though. Godspeed!
    ma dh'fheumas tu tarraing, dčan sin gu socair

Instruments

Mann 2 Point - 2011
    Girouard Mandola - 2013
    Pava A5 - 2019