Thread: Choro gig

Default Choro gig

We recently had a gig with our temporary choro group. We did`t have much time to think about a more fancy band name, so we took "Doce de Coco". One of the organizers of the club is always making a little film of their events. The style of the film is a little bit funny at times, but itīs nice to some documentation.

Default Re: Choro gig

Michael:
    I am a bit confused. You say this is your group but it looks like these are the folks playing in the video:
    OMAR SOSA - Piano / keyboard / vocals
    CHILDO TOMAS - bass/ kalimba / vocals
    MARQUE GILMORE - Drums
    Special Guest HAMILTON DE HOLANDA - 10 strings mandolin
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Thanks for the hint, Jim. That`s strange. When I open this site on my computer I see the correct video, but when I open it on my phone I see the Hamilton-video. Canīt say why this is. Is it possible to delete something later? The edit button is already gone. It would be embarrassing to let it stand like that.

Thanks for clearing that up, Michael. I love the video (the Omar Sosa group), but wondered when I saw it in your other thread last week if it was maybe an early April 1st trick!

Hope we'll get to see your own video soon.

It looks like I canīt embed the video here. It seems to be privat, but I didīt realize it, because I can see it on my computer. I may have to ask the man who made the video for permission. Sorry for this. As much as I would like to be Hamilton in this video above, Iīd rather remove it and not confuse people.

Here is the video that I wanted to show initially. I was able to get it from the maker and loaded it up on my channel. Sorry for the confusion.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Wolf For This Useful Post: