Thread: Mountain Acoustics Luthier Invitational and Eddie Blevins

Default Mountain Acoustics Luthier Invitational and Eddie Blevins

So yesterday I went up to Burnville, NC for the luthier gathering there. Ran into a couple of friends including Rhonda Gouge who was camped at Eddie Blevins booth and flat tearing it up on the mandolin and guitar. I joined her and a guitar player I did not know for an impromptu jam. She was playing a brand new F model and I was playing the A5 he had there. Rhonda tried that A5 and declared, "That thing is a HOSS!". She was correct and it took all of the intestinal fortitude I could muster to not take it home.

I was good to meet Eddie and put a face with the name. He is a fine fellow and his mandolins are sounding real good. Next the year the event will be larger. There were so many fine instruments there I could not stay too long. MAS, and GAS were raging in my soul.

Default Re: Mountain Acoustics Luthier Invitational and Eddie Blevins

Eddie is currently building one of his E5 models for me. I cannot wait for it to be finished. His mandolins are absolutely stellar.

Eddie built an f-style octave for me. It's an amazing instrument. It was his first octave but he sure did it right.
    David Hopkins

2001 Gibson F-5L mandolin
    Breedlove Legacy FF mandolin; Breedlove Quartz FF mandolin
    Gibson F-4 mandolin (1916); Blevins f-style Octave mandolin, 2018
    McCormick Oval Sound Hole "Reinhardt" Mandolin
    McCormick Solid Body F-Style Electric Mandolin; Slingerland Songster Guitar (c. 1939)

The older I get, the less tolerant I am of political correctness, incompetence and stupidity.

Eddie had three mandolins, a mandola and an arch top guitar (it was very nice) at the show. Everything sounded good even being as new as some of the pieces were.