Thread: Kentucky Mandolins

Default Kentucky Mandolins

I am looking for an oval hole A style mandolin. Kentucky KM-276 is about $1000 more than the KM-272. The only difference that I can see is that the KM-276 has a radiused fingerboard. Is the KM-276 worth the extra money? What difference will I see between them. Thank you for your suggestions.

Default Re: Kentucky Mandolins

Hmmm, from what I read, it’s just a different color option........ also saw that it’s the same price as the rest of the “270” series. You may want to shop around a bit. Hope this helps.
    Thanks

Several mandolins of varying quality-any one of which deserves a better player than I am.......

3. The following members say thank you to Mike Scott for this post:

lenf12 

The KM-272 has a radius fingerboard. I like the tone of mine and for the money it's a great oval hole option.

Color is the only difference among the 270, 272 and 276. I assume the "$1000" difference is a typo and you meant $100. For some reason, prices on these are all over the map. I picked up a 272 for less than $300 and it is a very good mandolin. You can get a 270 (the sunburst one) for $250 from Walmart online. Pretty sure it won't be set up, but that's a crazy price.

Thanks everyone. I reside in Canada. On amazon.ca the 272 is listed at $575.44 and the 276 is listed at $1,551.72. Seems strange doesn't it?

In that case, I'd buy the 272!

That is seriously strange. I guess it's what happens when an algorithm sets the price instead of a person who knows the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kinch View Post
    Thanks everyone. I reside in Canada. On amazon.ca the 272 is listed at $575.44 and the 276 is listed at $1,551.72. Seems strange doesn't it?
    michael ...i feel your confusion.

NEVER EVER TRUST AMAZON PRICING .

to that company , every item is 'corn flakes ' . they don't seem to have any price/product checkers . I've seen those wild pricing discrepancies many times on musical gear and other items....I've e-mailed enquiries ...had online chats and they don't seem to know how or why that happens . you have to be vigilant and do your own price- checking.