Thread: Mandocaster sighting!

Default Mandocaster sighting!

Just happened to be watching TCM this afternoon, “Born Reckless” title song and the House band uses a mandocaster! So far the movie is pretty bad but, I thought it was interesting.Mamie Van Doren, Jeff Richards, Arthur Hunnicut.
    Ten minutes in and there’s a cowboy brawl!
    Timothy F. Lewis
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease a very big skillet" J.D. Clampett

2. The following members say thank you to Timbofood for this post:

Default Re: Mandocaster sighting!

Well Tim, you have driven me to Wikipedia. Who knew Mamie was still around! (and she worked for Nixon's re-election, and George Harrison accidentally threw a drink on her.)
    "The paths of experimentation twist and turn through mountains of miscalculations, and often lose themselves in error and darkness!"
    --Leslie Daniel, "The Brain That Wouldn't Die."

Some tunes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa1...SV2qtug/videos

Default Re: Mandocaster sighting!

Quote Originally Posted by Timbofood View Post
    Just happened to be watching TCM this afternoon, “Born Reckless” title song and the House band uses a mandocaster! So far the movie is pretty bad but, I thought it was interesting.Mamie Van Doren, Jeff Richards, Arthur Hunnicut.
    Ten minutes in and there’s a cowboy brawl!
    Checked out the trailer on Youtube. Yeah, it looks pretty bad... but it's the good kind of bad.

Instrument in question can be seen in first few seconds of clip.

"I play BG so that's what I can talk intelligently about." A line I loved and pirated from Mandoplumb