Thread: Auburn Alabama bluegrass jams

Default Auburn Alabama bluegrass jams

Hey guys, just posting to see if there are any of y'all near the Auburn area. Some friends and I were having a jam every week, but my wife and I welcomed our first child into the world not long ago so it the picking was put on hiatus. We're trying to get back at it, and we'd love some more to join us.

Default Re: Auburn Alabama bluegrass jams

Hey @MandoManCaleb, just checking in to see if y’all still get together. I live in the auburn area and would love to pick a few tunes with y’all

Don't know of any jams going on right now (but I tend to be an introvert), but Sierra Hull is appearing tonight at the Gogue Performing Arts Center. A group used to get together on a monthly basis at the Unitarian Church, but, to my knowledge, has not met since the pandemic.
    Jim Armstrong

1924 Gibson A-1 Snakehead
    2017 Silverangel F
    1979 Martin D-19

Thanks for the tip, I’ll look into that. I’m actually going to see Sierra Hull tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by thatMountainMan View Post
    Hey @MandoManCaleb, just checking in to see if y’all still get together. I live in the auburn area and would love to pick a few tunes with y’all
    Send me a PM and I’ll get in touch with you!

I am nearby in Valley AL, I'm a novice player (6~) months but would love to link up and meet some people. Please PM me and I'll get in touch.

I lived Auburn in the Late 90s. At that time there was a weekly bluegrass and gospel jam at a church in Loachapoka. I hope it is still active. Good Luck!