Thread: Rob Meldrum's excellent setup e-book

Default Rob Meldrum's excellent setup e-book

Many thanks to Rob Meldrum for free download of his ebook on setting up a mandolin.

A very clearly written and illustrated, step by step guide. Thanks, Rob!

Default Re: Rob Meldrum's excellent setup e-book

+1 from me: thanks very much Rob.

For those of you hearing about this for the first time: just email rob.meldrum@gmail.com and put Mandolin Setup in the subject line. I'll send you the ebook for free.

Now go make some music!

Rob

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob Meldrum For This Useful Post:

A big THANK YOU to Rob Meldrum for sending the ebook on setup for the Mandolin. So much information that would have taken me forever to learn being a newbie.

A big thanks to Rob for promptly sending his eBook on Mandolin setup. Even an old dog can learn some new tricks!

Thanks for the setup guide Rob! This is very clear and well written. Saved me a lot of time setting up my first mandolin simply because after reading the guide I understood what I was looking at. I've been working on my own guitars for years but reading Rob's guide I quickly figured out how much info applied to mandolins and even more important, the new stuff I needed to know to do the job right. Even if you never intend to work on your own instrument Rob's guide gives you some great advice on how to quickly and easily check the setup someone else does for you.

+1 Thanks for making the guide available.

Another thank you to Rob here. Such a rich resource!

Same here - Rob sent me his books very promptly and having had a chance to leaf through it, I can already tell this will save me a lot of time in the future!

Big thanks to Rob. I have a troublesome five-string electric that needs some attention.

I noticed my bridge was a little crooked causing the innotation to be off a little. I emailed Rob and he promptly emailed be back the e-book. Scanned through the book and adjusted my bridge per Rob’s instructions.

Long story short, fixing the innotation that was just off a little bit, made a big difference in tone. I will check more often now that I know what I’m doing.

Thank you Rob!!

I can only echo the above, thank you Rob for your time and generosity. Your book is a tremendous resource.

Found out about Rob and the book via this thread, thanks for compiling all this great info Rob!

I also found out about Rob's book in another thread and it is great info and still free. I wish I had one of these for the Banjo.

I'm so glad there are people out there who are willing to help freely like this, especially us new folks. Thanks Rob!
    Last edited by kd8tzc; May-02-2022 at 1:26pm.

I just got Rob Meldrum's mando setup book, & it is excellent. A great help, & a great thing to share with mando players! 👏👍👍👍

Replying to say that I got it today as well (03/05/2022). Really useful stuff. Thanks a bunch Rob. Things like this are what makes the internet so powerful for the average joe.

I got a copy of Robs e-book just a few hours after first reaching out. Really fast "delivery", thanks!