Thread: Right Hand Practice Workbook - Mando Mike

Default Right Hand Practice Workbook - Mando Mike

A few months ago, Mandolin Mondays featured Mike Giverin. Mike does an excellent free monthly lesson to which I've subscribed the past few months. However, he has just released his second technique workbook titled "How to practice mandolin with a broken hand; Exercises to improve your right-hand technique."

I've yet to find a resource for mandolin that was so instantly helpful. I noticed immediate and dramatic increases in the quality of my tone. The PDF has you go through a lot of string crossing and runs. It's really fun, but also productive.

It cost a little over $10.00, but it's worth every penny.

Tom

2. The following members say thank you to SaintlyTom for this post:

Default Re: Right Hand Practice Workbook - Mando Mike

Got a link?

"your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandobar For This Useful Post:

Got it! Thank you kindly!

If your first post since 2017 is to talk about the wonders of a book, it must be extraordinary ...

Quote Originally Posted by SaintlyTom View Post
    A few months ago, Mandolin Mondays featured Mike Giverin. Mike does an excellent free monthly lesson to which I've subscribed the past few months. However, he has just released his second technique workbook titled "How to practice mandolin with a broken hand; Exercises to improve your right-hand technique."

I've yet to find a resource for mandolin that was so instantly helpful. I noticed immediate and dramatic increases in the quality of my tone. The PDF has you go through a lot of string crossing and runs. It's really fun, but also productive.

It cost a little over $10.00, but it's worth every penny.

Tom
    Hi Tom ... I've just come across this thread on a quick google, really sorry I don't notice it way back last year. Thanks so much for the kind words! Really glad the book was useful to you and I hope it continues to provide challenges and improvements! Happy picking Mike
    www.mandomike.com - The subscription free way to improve your mandolin playing!