Thread: Trying to contact Martin Brunkalla

Default Trying to contact Martin Brunkalla

Does anyone know if Martin Brunkalla is still building instruments? His website has been taken down and I can't find a working phone number for him. I would like to get in touch with him if possible.

Default Re: Trying to contact Martin Brunkalla

This is a good question. He has worked on my violins, mandolin and bows now for over 20 years. I needed some luthier work done about a year ago, but I was not able to contact him. I have been to his home numerous times, and I know last time I saw him he had moved into a new home and was very busy building and setting up a new shop. Perhaps he has been overwhelmed with that herculean job. I hope all is well, and hope to hear from him soon.

Funny thing! Just the other day a fellow picker friend mentioned that he had/is getting some work done on his guitar by Martin Brunkella. He said the location was Woodstock, IL. I can try to get some contact info for you!

Let me know if you get a hold of him. Would love to hear from him again, and may have some work for him if he is available. I once had a chance to audition one of his fiddles, and it was great. Up there with some of the best I have ever played!