Thread: Fun holiday mandolin tunes

Default Fun holiday mandolin tunes

Can anyone recommend fun Christmas songs to play on mandolin and where I might find them? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Fun holiday mandolin tunes

3. The following members say thank you to Dick Dery for this post:

I like to pick Frosty the Snowman. The key of D works really well. I don’t think I still have a recording of it, but I did it about 10 years ago. A great mandolin tune.
    Bob

I like this version of Jingle Bells from Old Sausage...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=goJ_HNXlZZo

Silas Powell does a nice bluegrass version of jingle bells but I think it’s only on Facebook.
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

6. The following members say thank you to bigskygirl for this post:

V70416 

Thanks everyone. Christmas will mark a year since I started playing and I want to record a video for friends and family - especially my wife, who bought me my mandolin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimB989 View Post
    Can anyone recommend fun Christmas songs to play on mandolin and where I might find them? Thanks in advance!
    Glad you got some tunes to play. Christmas is a great time to play for friends and family because its music they know and like. (Perhaps some performance anxiety because the audience knows how the tune is supposed to go. )

In the general sense though, I guess I don't get the question. Any Christmas tune can be played on the mandolin, and any tune book that features Christmas songs will suffice. Every music store features them this time of year. Every Google turns up a firehose pouring forth Christmas tune books.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Quote Originally Posted by bigskygirl View Post
    I like this version of Jingle Bells from Old Sausage...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=goJ_HNXlZZo

Silas Powell does a nice bluegrass version of jingle bells but I think it’s only on Facebook.
    Wanted to correct that Silas is playing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer not Jingle Bells...sorry about that.
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7