Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trip to Nashville

Default Re: Trip to Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by rcc56 View Post
    Cotten Music re-located several years ago. Their current address is 434 Houston Street. They recently acquired some new partners and have re-named the company "The North American Guitar, Nashville."

Artisan Guitars now located in Nashville. The Franklin store is gone. Artisan's current address is 1201 4th Ave S, Suite 206, Nashville 37210.
    Thank you for the correction on Cotton Music. When they were getting ready to move the guy inside told me they were done. Apparently that was bad info.

Cheers

Jim-
    My wife Holly and I made the trip 3 or 4 tears ago and Really had a great time. I revisited Gruhn's for the 3rd time and played some awesome instruments. At Carter's I was blown away when i walked into that special room and was introduced to Paul Duff who had, as you say,"brought a few instruments with him". It was great meeting Paul, trying a few of his mandolins, and hearing about his work as a musician. I predict someone visiting Nashville at the same time as you could have a tale similar to mine if they run into the maker of those great Hilburn mandolins during their trip.

Scott

Registered User Charlie Bernstein's Avatar

Was there a few years ago. The Nudie suits at the Hall of Fame and the poster shop across the hall are fun. But you're right: Downtown is an overcrowded ghost town.

Artisans sold me a defective instrument, then repaired it defectively. Personally, I'd save my shekels for Gruhn's, Carters, and other shops. (I have a wonderful Red Line mando. They're in Henderson, and I think they like visitors.)

If you have time, go see the Parthenon. Not one straight line in the whole thing!

Sounds like a great trip. Enjoy!