Thread: Mandolin Orange & Colorado Symphony!

Default Mandolin Orange & Colorado Symphony!

Sweet and Powerful.....

The group played last night accompanied by a 30+ piece orchestra and it was just amazing. Boettcher Concert Hall in downtown Denver was sold out for this performance. Emily was a bit overcome playing with the orchestra and at Boettcher. I’m not the best with superlatives so if there are others on MC who were there, please add your thoughts.

Acoustically there isn’t a bad seat in the house and Marlin’s Loar...well, you could clearly hear every single note. Great time, great concert....!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Al Trujillo For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mandolin Orange & Colorado Symphony!

Taken with my cell phone (no flash, per rules!) I have no idea why the picture turned upside down...but give it a try standing on your head.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51Z0SzLsQXyYYZlOgGtsug.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	322.9 KB 
ID:	183013

Default Re: Mandolin Orange & Colorado Symphony!

Second that. Really amazing show. The band seemed a bit overwhelmed for the first few tunes but hit their stride soon after. As always, really beautiful harmony singing and picking but CSO orchestration brought it to the next level. Sound was great, Andrew’s Loar sounded great, and outstanding rhythm section.

Saw just the two of them play a few years back in Denver at the Soiled Dove venue which seats maybe 150 max or so? Crazy how far this incredibly talented duo have come in just a few years. At that show, Andrew was crushing it on his Kimble A.

Super talented band!