Thread: Case for Eastman MDA315 Mandola

Default Case for Eastman MDA315 Mandola

I recently purchased an MDA315. Not sorry I skipped the 815 edition, except that the 815 comes with a case and the 315 has a gig bag.

I have therefore been looking for Mandola cases and finding . . . not much.

But my wife got me hooked up with some guys at CrossRock cases. They build fiberglass cases for lots of different instruments, but not Mandolas. They would actually be interested enough to make a run of cases for the MDA315, if there were enough people who wanted one. The case should also work for other American scale F5 and A5 style mandolas (and maybe some arrangement for Octave Mandolins as well).

So, if you find yourself like me, wanting a Mandola case and not knowing where to get one, this is an opportunity. Reply to this thread or contact CrossRock directly. The more interest we show the more likely it is for the project to get the green light.

Default Re: Case for Eastman MDA315 Mandola

I’m guessing one if their cases would cost more than a MDA315, correct. I had an MDA315, but traded up for an 815 and love it. However, I don’t like the large case for storage around the house since it’s a pain to get in/out of. I’d love to pick up a soft case that comes with the MDA315, but Eastman doesn’t sell them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasterl View Post
    I’m guessing one if their cases would cost more than a MDA315, correct. I had an MDA315, but traded up for an 815 and love it. However, I don’t like the large case for storage around the house since it’s a pain to get in/out of. I’d love to pick up a soft case that comes with the MDA315, but Eastman doesn’t sell them separately.
    Around the house I keep mine in one of those upright tree-like hangers that people use for guitars. Always ready to play that way.

Here is a great price on a really-well-padded and great-quality TKL case that fits my Eastman 815 mandola perfectly (for when I don't want to use the bulky heavier hard Eastman case). This is much better protection than the Eastman bag.
    Meant for a baritone uke, and protects the Eastman dola well.
    inner dimensions are more like:
    32" length
    12" lower bout
    4" depth

https://store.ukelikethepros.com/pro...-bag-vtr-149-b

Weber has cases for their mandolas , don't they?
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Another extremely well-made super-padded case, fits my A-style dolas well (for F-style, see my TKL suggestion in this thread.)

https://store.ukelikethepros.com/pro...tone-guitarele