Thread: New member saying Hi

Default New member saying Hi

Hi -

I'm a new member - I've been playing guitar for years and I just got a Loar LM-520.

I also just bought a book called "Bluegrass Mandolin" by Jack Tottle. The record that was supposed to be included is not - I'm wondering if anybody has the audio files for this book?

Default Re: New member saying Hi

Did you buy this book new? (Maybe it doesn't matter if you bought it new. A lot of these books that have been published for a while used to have a record inside, but now provide the audio online. I just checked with Amazon and this book doesn't say anything about audio, inside or online either one. I do have this book but don't remember there being any audio. I'm curious and will need to check when I get home tonight.)
    Doug Brock
    2018 Kimble 2 point (#259), Eastman MD315, Eastman MDA315, some guitars, banjos, and fiddles

Welcome aboard.
    Perhaps someone can help you, but, if you haven't done this already, go to the beginning of the book to see if there's information about linking to MP3's. If not go to the publisher's website to see if the information is there. If that doesn't work, and no one at the Cafe has helped you with your query, contact the publisher, tell them you bought this book (if it was used, don't tell them if they don't ask), but don't have access to the audio files.
    Robert Johnson's mother, describing blues musicians:
    "I never did have no trouble with him until he got big enough to be round with bigger boys and off from home. Then he used to follow all these harp blowers, mandoleen (sic) and guitar players."
    Lomax, Alan, The Land where The Blues Began, NY: Pantheon, 1993, p.14.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSausage For This Useful Post:

Thanks! I did buy it used and there was originally one of those flimsy records with it. Now I just have to remember how to burn CDs.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Cafe. Used books often miss the extras, eh!

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Not surprised the flimsy record is missing, that book was published 47 years ago and my copy (bought new) is nearly that old!

9. The following members say thank you to Ray(T) for this post:

Welcome to the Cafe.

Thanks David!! I saw this post while at work earlier today and didn't have access to my home computer. Welcome lescaster!!

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of nice people here, many who are very knowledgeable. Then there are others, well, me, that we better not talk about.
    Loar LM-370

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence between.” ― Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Quote Originally Posted by DocT View Post
    Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of nice people here, many who are very knowledgeable. Then there are others, well, me, that we better not talk about.
    You think you’ve cornered the market on marginally good advise delivered with certainty?
    Silverangel A
    Arches F style kit
    1913 Gibson A-1