Thread: Eastman MDO305 Octave Mandolin

Default Eastman MDO305 Octave Mandolin

I’ve wanted an octave mandolin since the first time I heard one. However, a high end octave is probably not the most responsible thing On which for me to spend $4,500 (or much much more) while saving for a house.

I’m liking what I see with the Eastman MDO 305. There were a few threads from 2018 regarding this, but wondering if anyone has any updated opinions. At $750, I feel like it’s better than NOT having an OM. Thoughts?

Tom

Default Re: Eastman MDO305 Octave Mandolin

I say, go for it!!! I don't own an octave but $750 isn't going to add much to your future house. Think of how much it will add to your overall joy in life.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Hey Tom, have you played one in person?

I have one, and I've uploaded vids of it in other threads on this forum. I see you're in NH, I'm in Maine. Maybe you should take the drive up and play mine if you don't have one handy where you are

I just bought one at Wintergrass a week and a half ago. I am enjoying it. The different voice is fun. Low end and sustain for days. It is well set-up and fit and finish good. At $750, it seems to be a great value.