Thread: Audio Technica Pro 35 clip on to pedal

Default Audio Technica Pro 35 clip on to pedal

Hello Everyone , I've recently started using the Pro 35 clip on mic (Phantom Power) but I'm running into a few issues.

Does anyone know how I would run this Mic to my pedal that has mute/boost capability? I used the mic last night for the first time and I really like the sound but I have no way to mute myself or give it a boost for solos. Its driving me crazy! Lol

Any ideas would be highly appreciated
    Https://www.reverbnation.com/chandlerbeavers/songs

"Never a teacher, always a student"

Default Re: Audio Technica Pro 35 clip on to pedal

Hello,

there are several solutions for that:

Phantom power supply boxes - you connect it to your floor pedal using a XLR male/line - cable
    Mackie M48: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Xvive Audio P1: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...m-power-supply
    ART Phantom 1: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...m-power-supply

Or you want some device offering gain / volume:
    ART Studio V3: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-preamplifier
    Eventide mixing link: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...mp-and-fx-loop

Personally I tried the ART Studio V3 and the Eventide mixing link preamp (still owning the latter), and both did the job. I connected it to a BOSS tuner floor pedal and a BOSS GE7 EQ. Mics are DPA 4099, Audio Technica ATM 350, DPA 4061
    Ellis F5 Special Deluxe custom
    Anton Krutz F5
    Lawrence Smart H 5 Mandola
    Gibson K 2 Mandocello
    Northfield mahogany arch top Octave Mandolin

guitars, banjo, dobro, weissenborn, pedal steel, fretless bass, upright bass

I'm guessing you have to get from low impedance to high impedance 1/4" to go into your pedal. Easiest solution I can think of is mic > phantom power supply > DI > pedal > PA.

When I played in a dance band, I used a similar AT condenser but on a stand and just moved in and out on it. You can't dance around while playing that way though.

Another option is to run the microphone into a small amplifier and use a volume pedal that goes into the amp's insert (effects). You can use the amplifier's direct out to go to the mixing board and the amp basically acts as your monitor to help you hear what you are playing onstage. I have had great success with a Schertler Giulia amplifier and a Boss FV-500L volume pedal that lets you set a minimum volume for rhythm and a maximum volume for leads.

Alan
    acinva

I have a Grace Designs Felix, it is expensive but high quality and feature loaded. The Felix2 looks even better:

https://gracedesign.com/products/ins...plifiers/felix

It has two channels so you could also plug an instrument with a 1/4” jack and run it separately, or if you get a piezo installed you could run both into the Felix and blend them (but then you’d also have 2 chords running from the instrument).

It also has an effects loop if you want to get some reverb or other effects in another pedal.

There are at least a few good solutions to this problem, and at various price points and qualities, if you need more options tell us more about the rooms you play in and the other instruments you play with
    I should be pickin' rather than postin'

Probably more money than you want to spend but there is a Pro35 mic version that works with their wireless system. That lets you go completely cordless, solves the phantom power and XLR vs 1/4" jack situation. The wireless has both XLR and 1/4" jack outputs you can run to anything you'd like. This setup works great for me, and I can walk out to hear what we really sound like during sound checks. This is one expense I've never regretted which says a lot for me.

I also added some bracketry to a tone-guard so the mic stays permanently attached to that, which you may want to consider. If interested PM me and I can send you a picture when I have a minute.

The only beef I have with the Pro35 is it has a wide sensing angle so its prone to feedback in high volume situations. Wired or wireless, that is the sole downside.
    "If you hit a wrong note, then make it right by what you play afterwards." - Joe Pass

Question Re: Audio Technica Pro 35 clip on to pedal

Mini mixer for the phantom power and a pedal in the Efx Loop?

writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

i use the same mike and so did thile, ronnie mcourry and many othe greats .. you simply get the l.r. baggs venue its kind of pricey ($300) but worth every penny
    it has the boost switch and i've played hundreds of gigs with it and never had a problem .....the only thing.....is you have to run a phantom box ($80) before the venue
    its kind of a hassle but the venue is an awsome d.i.... i played with a country guy and he didnt l;ike that sharp bluegrass style ....so i had to get a dull it down but the venue is great for that. ya kin get about whatever you want out of it. so at soundcheck you simply set it for ryrhm playing ..hit the boost set it and forget it ..problem solved ......your welcome

I've used a couple of methods. Pigtronix has a pedal called the Keymaster that is designed specifically to get different devices in and out of a pedal board. Pricey and not sure if it's made anymore but gives a very clean signal.

Another way is to get a cheap Behringer 502 mixer. This will add noise to the signal but does the job on the cheap.
    VerneAndru.com | oKee.ComX

- ---==< V >==--- -

Quote Originally Posted by jherm View Post
    i use the same mike and so did thile, ronnie mcourry and many othe greats .. you simply get the l.r. baggs venue its kind of pricey ($300) but worth every penny
    it has the boost switch and i've played hundreds of gigs with it and never had a problem .....the only thing.....is you have to run a phantom box ($80) before the venue
    its kind of a hassle but the venue is an awsome d.i.... i played with a country guy and he didnt l;ike that sharp bluegrass style ....so i had to get a dull it down but the venue is great for that. ya kin get about whatever you want out of it. so at soundcheck you simply set it for ryrhm playing ..hit the boost set it and forget it ..problem solved ......your welcome
    Do you have any recommendation, or know of a direct box that will provide phantom power? My Venue only has 1/4" jack input and all I can find online are separate phantom power supplies, and direct boxes (to translate from XLR to 1/4")
    "If you hit a wrong note, then make it right by what you play afterwards." - Joe Pass

yes...... you have to have a special chord made ...its not that big of a deal... mine has a L
    for the 1/4 inch...... you can find "em" ya just have to look