Just a note to advise that Murphy's law truly exists.
Played a wedding this weekend - #ceremony, pre-dinner, and dinner #- then when it was time to break, no food left for us. We we able to scrape the lasagna pan, and I scrounged a couple of partially depleted wine bottles from the tables. Time to revise our contract, and I suggest those of you who don't have this in order (like us), do so. Oh, yeah, and no check prepared. Gotta go back Mon. to collect. Nice folks, but not the most organized. Needless to say, the best man was not at his best.
But on a positive note, I bailed in the wee hours, and returned at 6 a.m. to collect a forgotten instrument stand and an umbrella (ceremony was outdoors in a pine grove with threatening rain) #that got left behind. The bride was still dancing (with her brother) to her favorite CD's. The late evening band had folded at about 4 a.m. (their mandolin player sound asleep aside the dancing area with his mando case as a pillow!). Unable to resist the gentle plea "Dance with me!", I got some quality dancing time. 'Til the groom staggered back from a nap! Good old fashioned country wedding. Dogs and all.
So check those contracts for loopholes, folks.

rasa
hoping that this "tip" will fit in this category