Thread: Fleadh Cheol na hEireann 2020 is being called off

Harley Marty

Default Fleadh Cheol na hEireann 2020 is being called off

Another Covid causualty announced today!

Default Re: Fleadh Cheol na hEireann 2020 is being called off

Hope you're staying well Marty! It's gotten to the point that when I hear of an event not being cancelled (like the Olympics!) it's shocking, and all the cancellations seem normal and expected now.
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel

Harley Marty

Yes we're all expecting everything to drop off the calender. The head guy Joe Connaire is my banjo teacher. Poor Joe is taking it badly. They are still trying to find a way of holding some sort of restricted program later in the year. There certainly won't be the crowd of 750,000 that the Fleadh attracted last year! Next year is the important one for the town as it will be the 50th anniversary of the first ever Fleadh which was held here in Mullingar, that is shaping up to be an almighty event!

How many degrees of flex do you have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Harley Marty View Post
    Yes we're all expecting everything to drop off the calender. The head guy Joe Connaire is my banjo teacher. Poor Joe is taking it badly. They are still trying to find a way of holding some sort of restricted program later in the year. There certainly won't be the crowd of 750,000 that the Fleadh attracted last year! Next year is the important one for the town as it will be the 50th anniversary of the first ever Fleadh which was held here in Mullingar, that is shaping up to be an almighty event!

How many degrees of flex do you have now?
    Fingers crossed it'll be a massive hooley next year as we all celebrate seeing the back of this virus!

Thanks for asking about the knee! I've got about 65-70 degrees range of motion in it, getting around easily with a cane now, am able to walk up stairs, though coming down them is slower going. Had to stop the physical therapy as they're not letting anyone near the hospitals (understandably so!) unless you're an urgent case, so just continuing with the exercises meself every day. We're still able to get outdoors for a walk here as long as distance is maintained so I do that every day as well to build up strength. I reckon in the next few weeks we may end up like Italy where folks are no longer allowed to go out for fresh air/exercise so I'm taking advantage of being able to do so while we're still allowed! Mad times we're living in! Stay well!
    2018 Girouard Concert oval A
    2015 JP "Whitechapel" tenor banjo
    2018 Frank Tate tenor guitar
    1969 Martin 00-18

my Youtube channel