Thread: Facebook Live House Concerts

Blog Entries

Default Facebook Live House Concerts

Hey All,

I'm no gigging musician but I sure know it's dire out there now for those who are. For the past two nights, I've really enjoyed watching Michael Ronstadt play on FB Live from his bedroom as his regular gigs those nights were cancelled. I'm able to Chromecast them to my TV and surround sound system. It's practically like having him there. He was my daughter's cello instructor until her concussion messed with her pitches. Anyway, I know he's using a proper mic and a mixing table prior to feeding it into his lap top. The Video isn't the best but his audio is great. (I bet if you ren everything through a board then out to a mic jack on a lap top this could work with even smaller ensemble bands).

Since it's a FB Live event, he can see our comments in real time (requests and virtual applause) so he's even able to interact with the crowd. For once, the dog at his feet isn't in the way of his cello spike! He includes a link to his various forms of payment and you can pay what you can or not. Mostly, he loves playing, but I get the need and pay what I can as I can.

I just wanted to offer it up as a suggestion with the positive feedback from our experience.

Jamie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6900.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	953.3 KB 
ID:	184387
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JEStanek For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Facebook Live House Concerts

Tyler Grant did one last night 9-11 EDT from his bedroom. He said he will probably do more. He is an amazing guitarist.