Thread: Convert...

Default Convert...

I finished my first scratch build F5 this week.I kept it in the white for a rather long time because I didn't want to be without a mandolin to play. I've been playing guitar for about 30 years and I think I have found my new love. It's like holding a baby or a cat. Anyway, the two less strings or more strings depending how you look at it makes much more sense to my brain. I'm so embarrassingly happy. :-)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve Bollman For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Convert...

I have a friend who is an accomplished guitarist, and he decided to built a mandolin a few years back. He started with StewMac's Campfire/Army Navy kit, or whatever it was called. I warned him "That little instrument will seduce you." My prediction was correct. He's now built a couple mandolins, a mandola, and has bought a couple more mandolins.
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.

I have been told that my recent vast uptick in mandolin playing must be a result of the demise of my last cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Bollman View Post
    I finished my first scratch build F5 this week.I kept it in the white for a rather long time because I didn't want to be without a mandolin to play. I've been playing guitar for about 30 years and I think I have found my new love. It's like holding a baby or a cat. Anyway, the two less strings or more strings depending how you look at it makes much more sense to my brain. I'm so embarrassingly happy. :-)
    Congratulations! Let's see some pictures.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Richard500 View Post
    I have been told that my recent vast uptick in mandolin playing must be a result of the demise of my last cat.
    Maybe so, and I am sorry for your loss of your cat. Still, cats and mandolins go great together.
    Purr more, hiss less. Barn Cat Mandolins Photo Album