Thread: Bunch mandolin

Southern Brewer
    Blog Entries

Default Bunch mandolin

Anyone know anything about a mandolin brand name (BUNCH)
    2007 gibson f-9
    2013 micheal kelly
    Home made f style

Default Re: Bunch mandolin

Seventeen or so years ago I met a fellow named "Carlos Bunch" at Cumberland State Park near Crossville, TN. He made and played his own mandolin and in talking with him he'd made a few and sold them. As best I recall, he wasn't into production in a big way, but was trying to make the next better than the last one, etc. He was an excellent player. Each fall over a period of 5 or 6 years my wife and I joined a group of our bluegrass friends at the Cumberland Park for two or three weeks of jamming and sharing good times. I think Carlos lived in Kingston, TN area during that time period and was always in the park when the gathering happened. I have no idea if the mandolin you speak of is one of his or not, but that is the name he put on the mandolins that I saw him play.

I've found a youtube video of him playing one of his mandolins and have included a link to it. I don't have any idea whether Carlos still lives in the Kingston area or if he is even still alive. Good luck on your search and I hope this info isn't a big distraction for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWl1VIyMmMw
    1992 Flatiron F5 Master model
    2009 Weber A model Fern
    2011 Collings MT mandola
    1985 Flatiron 2M

Southern Brewer
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Bunch mandolin

Thank you so much ,that actually helps alot I am looking at one of his early ones it's a beautiful mandolin just want some specs on it.