Thread: Mandola string (action) height?

Blog Entries

Default Mandola string (action) height?

Need some guidelines ASAP please! 3rd and 12th fret would be great.
    belbein

The bad news is that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. The good news is that what kills us makes it no longer our problem

Default Re: Mandola string (action) height?

I recently bought an Eastman mandola. The instrument is very nice and the price was reasonable, but it has required some trial and error to get it properly set up. No big surprise there. After changing strings and adjusting neck relief and bridge height, I’m almost finished with the process. The instrument plays quite nicely now and will probably require only minor tweaks in the future. Current settings are: A string: .008” at first fret, .058” at 12th fret; C string: .008” at first fret, .062” at 12th fret. Of course, every instrument is different and string type and playing style Influence the setup. Any set of numbers is just a starting point. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mandola string (action) height?

Quote Originally Posted by Strabo View Post
    Current settings are: A string: .008” at first fret, .058” at 12th fret; C string: .008” at first fret, .062” at 12th fret. ... Hope this helps.
    Bless you! Thanks so much. Just what I needed.
    belbein

The bad news is that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. The good news is that what kills us makes it no longer our problem