Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northfield is simply nailing it lately

Default Re: Northfield is simply nailing it lately

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy powells View Post
    I've been handling all levels of mandolins for 50 years and the Big Mon I have is as good as it gets. I'm not saying better than things like a Paul Schneider custom Summit which I had which was also a fabulous mandolin. I'm just saying the Northfield Big Mon is equal to almost anything out there and I wouldn't take any F5 mandolin as a swap for it. I really mean that. It is faultless and delivers in every aspect bar none.

The only negative I have with any F style mandolin is that I would do away with the bottom point. I had an F4 made without one and it looks just as good but when I play sitting down, the point in a normal F style mandolin sticks in my leg. Just the way I hold it so I put a piece of foam underneath.
    I have a Summit and a Northfield (F5S) and they're great! I do prefer the Summit though...

The 4th Gen Artist series are really great mandos.

I purchased the above pictured A5 Special Blacktop for my wife today for our 42 anniversary. I sincerely appreciate the truly fine instruments Northfield produces and already own a Big Mon, which I love. I am grateful we’ll get to spend many enjoyable hours and hours playing these beautiful instruments together.

Charley

A bunch of stuff with four strings

Quote Originally Posted by Hobblecreek View Post
    I purchased the above pictured A5 Special Blacktop for my wife today for our 42 anniversary. I sincerely appreciate the truly fine instruments Northfield produces and already own a Big Mon, which I love. I am grateful we’ll get to spend many enjoyable hours and hours playing these beautiful instruments together.
    Nice!! That is a great looking mandolin. I'm glad I won't be tempted by it now.