Thread: Ondrej Sarek Bouzouki Songbooks?

Question Ondrej Sarek Bouzouki Songbooks?

I'm brand new to bouzouki, and looking for tab for GDAD tuning. I see quite a few tab songbooks by Ondrej Sarek but haven't seen many reviews. I've been able to see the song list from one or two of the books, but can't find a website that allows me to have a "sneak preview" of a page or two. Several of them sound great for me.... but I can't tell if they are good for beginners. While I am new to bouzouki, have been playing mountain dulcimer tuned DAD for several years. I only see his name mentioned in one little thread on this website. Anyone familiar with his songbooks and recommend them? Thank you!

Default Re: Ondrej Sarek Bouzouki Songbooks?

Hi.
    I'll try to advise. I think the songbooks are for the intermediate or advanced. But I can't judge this
    Samples can be found at page 77-98
    http://osos.sweb.cz/Sarek-Guitar-and...le-preview.pdf
    And samples also on my youtube.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ondrasarek/videos
    Ondrej
    My books - books
    My videos -YouTube
    Duo UF UF - YouTube

Default Re: Ondrej Sarek Bouzouki Songbooks?

Thank you so much for the response! I didn't expect to hear directly from the musician I was asking about and was pleasantly surprised Really appreciate the links and I watched all the Youtube videos with bouzouki and a few others also. And the samples are a great resource and definitely give me an idea of what the books would be like. I printed out a few of the simpler bouzouki tunes and tried a little picking. Will be ordering some of your tab books.... looking at them today and deciding which ones to order first. Looking forward to getting them and trying some tunes. THANK YOU!

Julie

4. The following members say thank you to DulciJulie for this post:

ondrej