Thread: I can't stop...

Default I can't stop...

I've played guitar for 30 years since I was 8... haven't been this addicted since I was a 15 year old learning Dead tunes... Fascinating instrument. Posted a couple days ago about setup... did the whole thing.. cheap mandolin is much more playable now. cheers.

2. The following members say thank you to okeephoss for this post:

Default Re: I can't stop...

question though... is it wrong that the tail piece is floating above the top?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpeg 
Views:	205 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	187063

Quote Originally Posted by okeephoss View Post
    question though... is it wrong that the tail piece is floating above the top?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpeg 
Views:	205 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	187063
    No it is not wrong. The tailpiece should not be in contact with the top. A mandolin works like an archtop guitar not a flattop with it's glued down bridge.

It is good to hear of your enthusiasm. I've played guitar for over 40 years and now Mandolin for 15 and I can't walk by either one without picking it up and playing a bit. I look forward to my time spent with each instrument each day. Thankfully I no longer think like a guitar player when I'm playing the mandolin.
    "All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain

Eastman MD615SB
    Martin D35
    Gibson SG