Thread: Kimble in the EU?

Default Kimble in the EU?

I think I like kimble mandolins a lot but never played one. Maybe there are a few kimbles in europe? I live in germany and would like to try one.
    Markus
    Gibson F2 1916
    Hartmann A Oval 2017
    Hartmann Two Pointer 2018
    Kimble J 2020

Default Re: Kimble in the EU?

I’m only aware of two in the UK and, fortunately, I own both of them!

Seems like you like them

Yes, but I have more instruments than anyone really needs! They’re both from 2008. I bought an A5, new, and when a used F came along I couldn’t say no.

When I bought the A, it was choice between that and a Heiden with much the same spec. but I preferred the Kimble. The F is a total killer and it’s my go-to mandolin. It’s largely down to the sound you want. Back in 2002, I bought a Holoubek Fern which sounds totally different and was less than half the price of the used Kimble. In certain ways it sounds just as good, just different, so, whatever you end up with, it’s down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray(T) View Post
    Yes, but I have more instruments than anyone really needs! They’re both from 2008. I bought an A5, new, and when a used F came along I couldn’t say no.

When I bought the A, it was choice between that and a Heiden with much the same spec. but I preferred the Kimble. The F is a total killer and it’s my go-to mandolin. It’s largely down to the sound you want. Back in 2002, I bought a Holoubek Fern which sounds totally different and was less than half the price of the used Kimble. In certain ways it sounds just as good, just different, so, whatever you end up with, it’s down to personal preference.
    Thanks, Ray!

You’re welcome. I assume there aren’t many Kimbles in the EU (and even mine won’t be for much longer if they aren’t already!) ore none that anyone’s owning up to.