Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dammit!

Default Re: Dammit!

Or, glue all four fingers together, turn the mandolin over and you've got a nifty li'l drum....

2. The following members say thank you to Jeff Mando for this post:

Rub some dirt on it.

4. The following members say thank you to Ranger Bob for this post:

I knew that if I could keep it uncovered it would heal quicker but then I run the risk of doing something stupid and opening it back up again. So far, so good. I may be able to play a litte over the weekend.
    "I actually wanted to be a drummer, but I didn't have any drums." - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Northfield F5S "Blacktop", K&K Pickup

Blog Entries

Yeah, you have to damage the picking hand, not the finger board hand. How do I know?...........
    Last edited by DougC; Jul-16-2020 at 8:01am. Reason: the answer is still too painful
    Decipit exemplar vitiis imitabile

Quote Originally Posted by DougC View Post
    Yeah, you have to damage the picking hand, not the finger board hand. How do I know?...........
    No doubt. I've had a greatly diminished right hand either through injury, arthritis, etc. and it never kept me from playing. After this is over maybe I'll just pull my own version of the "Michael Jackson" and walk around with like a big-ass, sequined welders glove on my left hand!
    "I actually wanted to be a drummer, but I didn't have any drums." - Stevie Ray Vaughn

Northfield F5S "Blacktop", K&K Pickup

Long ago when one of my daughters was at ballet rehearsal I was out in the hall waiting. I watched as the lead ballerina came out of the studio, sat down and took the point shoe off her right foot. On the end of her big toe was a deep spot the size of a dime with two layers of skin missing (it was bright cherry red). I continued watching as she filled the void with liquid skin, the acetone smell was overpowering! She grit her teeth and grimaced for over a minute. Without shedding a tear, she laced up that slipper and went back into the studio to dance point on that toe. I gained a lot of respect for that you lady that day.

9. The following members say thank you to Rob Roy for this post: