Thread: Andrew Collins Zoom Series

Default Andrew Collins Zoom Series

Just wondering what folks who have attended think of the series that Andrew Collins has put on. He’s had some pretty heavy hitters in the mandolin world with him. But, he also just did a work shop on improvising which I thought was quite useful———for me. I know he is also doing a work shop about the mandolin in rhythm which I think will also be very useful.

Default Re: Andrew Collins Zoom Series

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Bob View Post
    Just wondering what folks who have attended think of the series that Andrew Collins has put on. He’s had some pretty heavy hitters in the mandolin world with him. But, he also just did a work shop on improvising which I thought was quite useful———for me. I know he is also doing a work shop about the mandolin in rhythm which I think will also be very useful.
    I think Andrew's series has been fantastic...a bright light for us mandolin players in a very dark time...really well conceived, produced, promoted and moderated. Andrew's low key style creates a nice intimate atmosphere with an amazing group of our mandolin heroes. He asks smart questions and gets out of the way and lets his guests do their thing. Zoom is a really crappy platform for music and the sound quality for his guests have been really inconsistent and seemed dependent on whether folks used an interface a good mic and strong wifi...but still fun stuff. The recordings are available and it seems he has more installments planned.
    2003 John Sullivan F5 "Roy"
    2015 Heiden F Artist
    2019 Ruhland F5 #35

3. The following members say thank you to EvanElk for this post:

+1 on Evan's comments above. Well worth the time and $

I was in for the Old Time session with Andrew, Sharon Gilchrist, Caleb Klauder and Andrew Marlin and it was great. Andrew had some topics for discussion, then they took questions from the viewers. Lots of great information. I was so impressed with Ms. Gilchrist that I signed up for one of her classes on Peghead.

Planning on joining the Bluegrass session next week.
    "Keep your hat on, we may end up miles from here..." - Kurt Vonnegut

Thanks for posting this, I did not know about it. Can one access the past productions?
    Where does one find info for this, I can't locate it?
    Thx
    d

Here is some more information, including a link to the facebook page to register, https://bluegrasstoday.com/andrew-co...e-to-mandolin/

Its been wonderful, I have only missed one of the sessions. I am doing the next workshop, too. Can't wait.

7. The following members say thank you to fishing_with_john for this post:

Don't know about accessing past sessions, but if you buy a ticket for a session, you can download a recording of it to watch at your convenience.
    "Keep your hat on, we may end up miles from here..." - Kurt Vonnegut

9. The following members say thank you to Kevin Winn for this post:

Blog Entries

Just an FYI -

Every one of these has been announced on the Forum under the News Feed area. Two on the first page of that section right now. Also listed under the Workshops tab on the home page and on the main Workshops/Camps page. It would be nice to more widely promote all of them but quite frankly there are too many of these going on from different folks to treat them all that way. Kind of a mad rush by musicians attempting to replace a lot of lost income so there are even some we're likely missing.

11. The following members say thank you to Mandolin Cafe for this post:

Andrew told me to pass along that if you message him directly, he'll send you the links to all the previous recorded workshops - I think the easiest way is via Instagram or Facebook
    2003 John Sullivan F5 "Roy"
    2015 Heiden F Artist
    2019 Ruhland F5 #35

13. The following members say thank you to EvanElk for this post: