Thread: Amazon warehouse deals

Default Amazon warehouse deals

Hi all, newbie here. Bought my first mandolin on amazon warehouse deals. A km 150. Original packaging damaged but mandolin in perfect shape. Positioned the bridge tuned it up and sounds great. Good place to watch for deals especially if you don’t have the prime card yet which takes $100 of first purchase.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joemandolin For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Amazon warehouse deals

Kentucky KM-150 Standard A-model Mandolin - Sunburst https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001OQC75K..._O8PjFbKWWG2Y1

4. The following members say thank you to joemandolin for this post:

FIDDLES with STRADOLINS your_diamond's Avatar

I would rather own this all solid woods 1930's Vintage STRADOLIN https://ebay.us/Iatg5f and you could get it for $395 (I asked / he wouldn't take $350).
    I like the Kentucky KM-150 but I love Stradolins and their made in America and it has the advantage of a Raised Fretboard Extension (those will spoil you).
    It's all personal preference... New vs. Vintage, American made vs. Chinese and the variation in the tone of each.
    I get a kick out of playing an 80 year old Mandolin. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to your_diamond For This Useful Post:

two t's and one hyphen fatt-dad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_diamond View Post
    a Raised Fretboard Extension (those will spoil you).
    All the teens and twenties Gibson A-models (A5 notwithstanding) had the integrated fretboard. My A3 is over 100 years old. I am spoiled!

f-d
    ¡papá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

'20 A3, '30 L-1, '97 914, 2012 Cohen A5, 2012 Muth A5, '14 OM28A

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatt-dad For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by your_diamond View Post
    I like the Kentucky KM-150 but I love Stradolins and their made in America and it has the advantage of a Raised Fretboard Extension (those will spoil you).
    It's all personal preference... New vs. Vintage, American made vs. Chinese and the variation in the tone of each.
    I get a kick out of playing an 80 year old Mandolin. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
    I have a 98 Kentucky KM200S I got in March (1st mandolin - couldn't find a suitable used KM150 at the time, but that's what I wanted) and a 40's Strad-O-Lin I got in July. Both are well set up now. The Kentucky has only come out of the case once since they came back from being looked over and tweaked. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my old Strad-O-Lin, how it looks, how it sounds, how easy it is to play, the vintage-ey coolness of it. Just opening the case makes me smile. Great for newbies as I can attest.

That one mentioned above is the one with the tuning pliers however . That said, mine had one really tight tuner as well, but since it was lubricated, it's been fine.

Sue

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue Rieter For This Useful Post:

FIDDLES with STRADOLINS your_diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Rieter View Post
    That one (STRADOLIN ON EBAY) mentioned above is the one with the tuning pliers however . That said, mine had one really tight tuner as well, but since it was lubricated, it's been fine.
    Lubrication usually fixes tight tuners. ALSO, THE PRE-WAR STRADOLINS HAVE A STRAIGHT SLOT SCREW HOLDING THE TUNING GEAR ON THAT CAN BE ADJUSTED. It's rarely a problem.

As far as teens and twenties Gibson A-models go... they are Lovely, but I hear some 1930's A-models occasionally had raised fretboard extensions (I want one of those).

Sue, Enjoy that SOL. Mike P.S. My cat does the same thing. lol

12. The following members say thank you to your_diamond for this post:

I'm not sure where the Amazon ones are sourced from, but Elderly has a good price too, and it includes a nice bag, and it will come with a setup:

https://www.elderly.com/products/ken...m-150-mandolin
    Follow the Flatt Stanley Incident on Facebook

Listen to original tune "When You Fly" by my old band The Kindreds

14. The following members say thank you to RobP for this post:

robw95