Thread: Subscription Setting

Default Subscription Setting

I have quite a few subscriptions and I believe that once I post on a thread it automatically subscribes. Then I get a notification when someone posts. In that email it says:

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.
    However recently I seem to get an email each time someone posts even if I don’t visit the forum. Frankly, one notice per thread would be enough. Did something change? How can I get it back to what it was?

Thanks!
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Blog Entries

Default Re: Subscription Setting

No changes have been instituted to any settings for several years.

Suggest you first review your subscriptions. This list can grow rather large and become unnecessary over time. Your settings under "Message and Options" under Default Thread Subscription Mode appear to be that you do not automatically subscribe to threads you post in, and we do not recommend that, particularly for users with high post activity. You should also review each thread you've subscribed to to see if what you've selected is really necessary. Those choices include:

Through my Control Panel only
    Instant Notification by email
    Daily updates by email
    Weekly updates by email

Thanks, Scott:
    My Default Thread Subscription Mode was set to Instantly, Using Email. I assume you are saying I should keep it that way?

I figured out the way to bulk delete subscriptions to threads. The only problem is that I start to read some of the more interesting threads that have been posted here over the years. It is an amazing archive. On of my favorites was the Handel tuner thread.
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Garber View Post
    Thanks, Scott:
    My Default Thread Subscription Mode was set to Instantly, Using Email. I assume you are saying I should keep it that way?
    It's a personal choice. Instant can fill up your mailbox real fast if you're looking every time there's a reply.