Thread: Bose S1-Pro Appreciation Thread...

Default Bose S1-Pro Appreciation Thread...

I guess I've had mine about a year and a half. It holds a charge just fine, I leave it plugged in unless I NEED to use the battery power.

I use mine with an SM58 for vocals, and an SM57 for guitar/mandolin/resonator.

I also have an L1-Compact that I line out into quite often for a bigger spread. At a large outdoor jam last weekend (in a secret location) I also took my Carvin AG100D and lined out of the S1-Pro into the L1-Compact, then lined out of it into the Carvin on a stand.

You know, just for fun.....

Another guitar player was using an entire p.a. system for his acoustic rig, so....

I also use the bluetooth for playing music on my iPhone sometimes. I am just very happy with the little jr. Bose and would surely recommend it for a multitude of situations.
    1933 Gibson A-00 (was Scotty Stoneman's)
    2003 Gibson J-45RW (ebony)
    2017 Gibson J-15

The Murph Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg

2. The following members say thank you to Murphy Slaw for this post:

Astro 

Default Re: Bose S1-Pro Appreciation Thread...

Seems like you get a little more for you money with the JBL Eon1. Better frequency response, Phantom power if you want to use a condenser mic. $100 less. the Bose is a couple of pounds lighter and has slightly more power. they both claim about the same battery life.
    Steve Lavelle
    '93 Flatiron Performer F
    Customized Eastwood Mandocaster (8str)

I've not seen one in real life yet.

I used to like JBL stuff, I have a monitor/12 tweeter cab.

1933 Gibson A-00 (was Scotty Stoneman's)
    2003 Gibson J-45RW (ebony)
    2017 Gibson J-15

The Murph Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg

The S1 Pro is a really great product. I've used it for mandolin when Alexis is on an acoustical piano and it has the most natural sound. We just bought a 2nd one because it was used - once or twice - and low priced! The blue tooth is very cool too. The one drawback is it has no phantom power. Because of this I had to buy several extra items so I could use the ToneMatch and condenser mic.
    Billy Packard
    Gilchrist A3, 1993
    Stiver Fern, 1990
    Weber Fern, 2007
    Gibson F4 Hybrid #1, D. Harvey 2009
    Gibson 1923 A2
    Numerous wonderful guitars

Agreed!!! Glad someone started this here.

My larger band collectively owns and uses a Bose L1 Model 1S with the B2 Bass module. I primarily play upright bass and sing harmonies with that band (when we could actually play gigs, we mostly used 4 Ear Trumpets to get the majority of our sound - 2 Louise's for vocals and two Edwina's out front for instruments/stepping up for solos).

I bought the S1 Pro because our guitar player is a bit hard of hearing and I thought it would be a good monitor situation for him...and I would use it for my own solo and duo gigs.

Had the chance to dust her off 2 weekends ago for a (distanced) duo gig at a friend's farm for a socially-responsible-properly-distanced-mask wearing- pizza night dinner with music. I continue to be so damn impressed with this thing. The clarity of it whether you are 10 feet from it or 100 feet from it is second to none (except maybe the full tower system). The power it has for such a small unit (Bose says 'audiences up to 50' but I swear that you could easily double that). The bluetooth connection is great for quick set breaks, I just connect the phone via bluetooth at the beginning of the gig, we hit set break, I reach into my pocket and hit play on a playlist without skipping a beat. And the feedback situation (particularly using condenser mics) is super forgiving. We have it close enough and set back enough to use it as a monitor as well.

Our set up currently is two Edwina mics for vocals, a Samson CO2 pencil condenser for my buddy's mandolin and I go direct acoustic guitar>Baggs Venue>Soundcraft Notepad 12 FX>S1 Pro. Works like a charm. I agree, if we were playing gigs without power, it might be nice to have the Roland BA-330 (used one of those before too and they are solid as well) for the extra channels or another situation for phantom power that doesn't necessitate a separate mixer...but I've sworn to not play any more powerless gigs!

After the gig we got a ton of compliments about how great the sound was across the board. Crystal clear and super balanced.

Love this speaker!

That's us below...just in case. Pete plays a Muleskinner Instruments A5 mandolin and I play a custom Muleskinner Instruments Dreadnought (built by our buddy and bandmate Andy)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4554.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	187891

7. The following members say thank you to redlineroots for this post: