Thread: Sierra Hull's fall tour 2021

Default Sierra Hull's fall tour 2021

Last night I attended Sierra Hull's show at the Ramkat in Winston-Salem, NC. Cool venue, very friendly, great beer, masks and vaccination required.

It was amazing! Not only Sierra which everyone here already knows, but she has really put together an impressive group of musicians for this tour. Most of the material was off of her albums Weighted Mind and 25 trips and several featured some additional extended jamming.

She played mostly her Gibson F5 and the Weber octave with one or two songs on an electric that I didn't catch the make of and one on guitar. The band consisted of fiddle, upright bass, drums and guitar (about half acoustic and half electric).

It's not a staunch traditional bluegrass set by any means although she did play Monroe's Old Dangerfield (on octave) but really fantastic all around!

Got to meet her afterwards and she is as down to earth and friendly as you would hope. Wonderful time! I did snag a set list if anyone is curious.
    Drew
    2020 Northfield 4th Gen F5
    2022 Northfield NFS-F5E
    2019 Northfield Flat Top Octave
    2021 Gold Tone Mando Cello
    https://www.instagram.com/pilotdrew85

Default Re: Sierra Hull's fall tour 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Egerton View Post
    Last night I attended Sierra Hull's show at the Ramkat in Winston-Salem, NC. Cool venue, very friendly, great beer, masks and vaccination required.

It was amazing! Not only Sierra which everyone here already knows, but she has really put together an impressive group of musicians for this tour. Most of the material was off of her albums Weighted Mind and 25 trips and several featured some additional extended jamming.

She played mostly her Gibson F5 and the Weber octave with one or two songs on an electric that I didn't catch the make of and one on guitar. The band consisted of fiddle, upright bass, drums and guitar (about half acoustic and half electric).

It's not a staunch traditional bluegrass set by any means although she did play Monroe's Old Dangerfield (on octave) but really fantastic all around!

Got to meet her afterwards and she is as down to earth and friendly as you would hope. Wonderful time! I did snag a set list if anyone is curious.
    Would it be a lot of trouble to post the set list?

Default Re: Sierra Hull's fall tour 2021

Long Way
    Poison
    Middle of the Woods
    The In-Between

Old Dangerfield
    How Long

Beautifully out of place
    E Tune
    Escape
    Black River

Summers End (with Dori Freeman)